Old 07-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #11

What was the total cost to have this done?

2011 2902ss Rockwood Ultralight
2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel (255 hp @ 2900 rpm / 430 lb-ft @ 1,400-2,800 rpm)
3P ProPride Hitch
RV Mods
Wandering RV Life
WestCoastRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #12

I ordered the kit for $150.00 shipping an all, installed it my self , Fairly simple process.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #13

Nice job documenting the lift as usual JD. Do you have more details on you site regarding the mod(s) to the new rig?
5Galvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #14
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastRV'er View Post
I believe I was quoted somewhere in the $400-$450 range, installed. Would have been worth it, had we actually used the TT after the work was performed. I figure with the deal I got on the trade-in to the Sunseeker, I probably broke even. They gave me just a little more for the Flagstaff than I had asked for.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastRV'er View Post
For us it was USD 150 for the kit plus almost the same again for UPS shipping and brokerage fees.

We do lots of our own mods but this one was outside our comfort zone so we took it to a local truck and trailer suspension shop. The labour was about CAD 600.

Sounds expensive... but before we could not bring our trailer home and now we can. Worth every penny spent from our mod budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Galvs View Post
Nice job documenting the lift as usual JD. Do you have more details on you site regarding the mod(s) to the new rig?
Why JG, I'm surprised you even have to ask...

Mods

Biggest ones so far include the lift discussed here and a power tongue jack. We have a Fan-tastic vent and cover waiting for us at MyUSAddress in Ogdensburg when we return to NY state in September.

Smaller mods - screen door cross bar, table strap (so the table doesn't have to fold to travel) and hanger knob for a garbage bag near the sink.

Next year the big expense will be tires - this trailer is a 2012 and it's still sporting the original rubber. I'd like to add a TMPS too... still researching that. And with the lift we might replace the steps... I really like the Torklift system but it ain't cheap! And we'd like to add a ladder - FR tells me our trailer is prepped for it.
www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #16

I'm doing this mod........next weekend.

I don't have a driveway problem or a scraping problem in general with our Roo 23WS but it just feels too low. 3" more on the drain connection would sure be nice when needing to use the tote.

Did you get a full 3" out of that or 2 5/8"? I see the axles are ALKO but thats Dexter now days and Dexter's kit which looks exactly the same for a #10 says its 2 -5/8"?
Old 07-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #17
Canadian Member

Nice mod. I've seen an adapter for attaching the jacks that lets you pull the stabilizer jacks off and put them back on. Did you consider that before deciding on the lift kit?

Do you need to swap out your steps now for one with an extra step?
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I'm doing this mod........next weekend.

I don't have a driveway problem or a scraping problem in general with our Roo 23WS but it just feels too low. 3" more on the drain connection would sure be nice when needing to use the tote.

Did you get a full 3" out of that or 2 5/8"? I see the axles are ALKO but thats Dexter now days and Dexter's kit which looks exactly the same for a #10 says its 2 -5/8"?
I was aware that Dexter had bought Al-Ko and though I had already contacted FR once I got the axle number I contacted Dexter first. Here's the reply I received.
John,

Dexter did acquire AL-KO as of last year. Until that time AL-KO used a different bracket then Dexter. At this time we are not producing lift kits for AL-KO mounting brackets.

Thanks

Jim Miller / Dexter Axle

So this is an Al-Ko part and yes, it's 3 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Nice mod. I've seen an adapter for attaching the jacks that lets you pull the stabilizer jacks off and put them back on. Did you consider that before deciding on the lift kit?
If I had known about that I might have done... but no regrets.

Quote:
Do you need to swap out your steps now for one with an extra step?
We're considering the Torklift GlowStep Revolution for next year's mod list but it's spendy. For now a folding step stool does just fine.
www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD and Beastlet View Post
I was aware that Dexter had bought Al-Ko and though I had already contacted FR once I got the axle number I contacted Dexter first. Here's the reply I received.
John,

Dexter did acquire AL-KO as of last year. Until that time AL-KO used a different bracket then Dexter. At this time we are not producing lift kits for AL-KO mounting brackets.

Thanks

Jim Miller / Dexter Axle

So this is an Al-Ko part and yes, it's 3 inches.

Thanks, I sort of figured it was an Alko part.I'm going for it with the Dexter part. I love Eastern Marines prices.

DEXTER Tandem Torflex Torsion Axle Lift Kit (2-5/8 in.) #K71-707-02

Just went over to the shop and I have some 3"X3/8" bar. A little cutting, drilling, and painting along with 8 longer bolts, and I'll get a full 3" out of Dexter's stuff. If I'm gonna go through the PITA of jacking up trailers and laying under them, I'm not leaving that 3/8" lay on the table.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #20

Yea Eastern marine is were I got mine

Tags
2701ss, rockwood, trailer