Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

My inverter is in the front basement compartment and the readout on it can't be seen from inside.

The TM2025 does show total amps being pulled from the battery at any given time, but the kill-a-watt can show me AC power I am pulling from the inverter.

I have not dry camped since I installed the 2025 yet so I have not developed a good "feel" for what should be displayed normally. My "percent to empty" seems to be right on but maybe DC amps would be more useful. Time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 001.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	22325   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 005.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	22326  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #22

Im wanting to get one of these for our fiifth wheel and had a couple questions. I have 140 watts of solar panels im adding this year and a 1000 watt yamaha gen. Also a 4000 watt onan gen. I have 4 6v house batts. So if im charging the batts with the solar panels the 2025 will show what im putting back into the batts right if I start my gen will the input reading increase? What im wanting to do is keep track of everything my batts are doing wether being charged by the panels or gens, or just setting. I will have a 2000 watt inverter,1000 watt gen.,140 watt panels all hooked to the battery bank. I will only be using the 1000 watt gen for charging the batts only it charges at 10 amps, the onan will be used for when we need the a/c. So will the RV2025 be a good thing to have? How is everyone liking them?
Thanks, and sorry for the long post.
hyp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
Site Team - Lou

The TM-2025 measures amps in and out of the battery bank from ALL sources ALL the time. It uses a shunt connected to GROUND so all amps are accounted for in and out of the battery bank. It does have the capability to monitor voltage from two different sources so it can monitor voltage being generated at you panels.

Say that you are dry camping with only your solar cell controller supplying power. It is putting 10 amps into the system and you are using 20 amps of DC to run your TV. The TM-2025 will show a -10.0 amps on the display and the % till empty will decrease as your bank is depleted. Obviously without the cells the whole 20 amps would be coming from your battery.

If you are using a generator to provide AC power to the camper; the house power center will charge the battery using its own stage settings based on battery voltage. So the last 10% gets only a 2 amp charge going into the bank so it can take forever to top off. Using an external charger; properly connected so that the positive is where the house line comes in and the negative on the TM2025 side of the shunt, the 10 amps from the charger will "sum" with the 2 amps from the house power center and show 12 amps on the 2025. As the batteries top off; the charge controller in the charger and the power center will both reduce until the batteries are full.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #24

Thanks for the reply herk I new you would be posting to this. I've been reading about the rv 2025 for about a month and been waiting to hear some reports about it.
hyp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
Site Team - Lou

If you go to their web site you can download all the PDFs that explains everything. The install (of the TM-2025) took about 4 hours but I rebuilt the entire battery compartment at the same tme so it was a weekend project.

The TM 2025 is a battery monitoring system not a "coach" monitoring system. It just tracks power into and out of the battery bank(s).

Tags
battery