Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Truck Mod - Rock/splash guard

When the DW and I bought our new trailer at the RV show I had thought that we had the diamond plate on the front to protect from rocks and such on the road, when we went to pick it up I realized we were wrong. I started thinking about the splash guards that mount to the hitch and cover the back of the truck since the one time I had pulled our PUP in the rain for 2 hours it was VERY dirty from road grime and such. When I got home and started looking I saw some of the cheaper ones were running well over $100 for them. I thought about it for a few weeks and when at work one day I had to change out a conveyor belt and thought "this would make a great mudflap". So here it is, I made a bracket at work to go around the hitch and stainless bolts, and my Father in law had the steel behind the garage, so the only cost to me was a can of paint.

marobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Neat !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Did it effect your mileage at all ?
2009 Ford F-150 XLT/XTR 5.4l, CrewCab. long bed
2011 Surveyor SV-291
Goomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Looks very nice !!! Let us know if it affects you mpgs
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
I'm not really sure, I have only taken the camper out twice and did not burn a full tank towing. I will know what my MPGs are when I go to Mississippi in June. I drove to work with it on twice to test and make sure that it wouldnt fall apart going down the highway and to make sure it didn't sail too badly, I didn't notice any difference in mpgs, still got about 16.
marobrown is offline   Reply With Quote