Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #1

TV Mount in Bedroom-Surveyor SP293

We are desperately seeking a solution from someone who has been there, done that. We have a spot designed to mount a TV in the bedroom of our RV, only there is no support on the backside (stud, etc). The backside is actually where our pocket door is when it is open. It would be hard, but not impossible to modify. Has anyone else had any experience for how to mount a TV in this situation in this RV or another with a similar problem? The thought is nice, but in practice the hole cutout is useless. Also, if you could mount it far enough off the wall that you could still hook up the cords, up to a 32" TV would fit perfectly. I wish I could attach a pic, but we don't have one and our RV is being stored 3.5 hours away!
rvnewbiesnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #2

There is your floor plan or some variation of it. I have not installed a TV on a RV wall with a pocket door. My assumption is the RV wall is much less rigid than a S&B interior pocket door wall which I have installed a TV on. The concern is not necesarily the weight but the fasteners for the TV mount poking through and stoping the door inside the wall.

You would need to build out the thickness of the wall probably with plywood. 3/4 to give it depth and rigity. Fasten the plywood with adhesive and conventional fasteners then connect the TV mount to the plywood. (no articulating arms, just a plain flat wall mount) Good news is the plywood should make it stick out enough so you can put up a 32".

These are of course all just assumptions as I have never been in a SP293 nor have I seen any picutres!
halibut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #3

We have your exact model. There is a spot in the bedroom on the wall at the foot of the bed that is designed for a TV. It has the blocking built in behind the paneling.

I used a flat mount that cost about $15. Part of it mounts to the wall, and part of it mounts to the TV. The two pieces are shaped like a V and they slide together. We unmount the TV when traveling and simply put it face down on the bed.
I can take pics of the mount and the install when I take the TT out this weekend.
The mount doesn't interfere with the pocket door.

Tags
bed, tv mount, surveyor