Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #1

TV Mount setup???

I just bought a Forest River XLR 29HFS and it currently does not have any TVs. I thought about getting a mount for the living room TV that is the same connector/mount as the outdoor TV mount so if/when I want to move the TV to the outside or back inside it can easily be done.

That mount that is the quick connect for the outdoor TV doesn’t look like it would be stable for holding the TV on the wall inside while towing. Does anyone have a setup like this? Is that mount more secure than I realize? It seems like the TV just rests in the mount and I’m concerned it will fall out when towing over a bump.
scottrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #2

Tv mount

Need to see a picture of the mount you are referring to.
ruddie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #3

A picture would be helpful as several TV mount manufacturers are used.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #4

Anything like these???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 001.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	187562   Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 006.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	187563   Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 004.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	187564  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 09-25-2018, 10:04 PM   #5
Jayhawker

Think I know what mount you are talking about. We have the Forest River Surveyor with the quick release mounts both inside and out. There is a nylon strap on the bottom of the tv bracket that is spring loaded. Pull down on the strap to release and pull the bottom of the tv toward you and lift up. We have a 40 inch tv and it is very stable. Sorry, don't know how to load pictures or I would post one of the tv mount.
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:43 AM   #6

Make sure you can use the mount outside. When I moved my small bedroom TV to the outside mount it covered up the exterior AC outlet for the TV making it useless. I will have to purchase an extension arm to mount the TV outside.

I have not had any problem with using this style mount although it does look like it could come out if bounced hard enough.

Here is a link for some RV TV mounts.

https://shop.ramco-eng.com/collectio...ick-disconnect

Happy camping,

C

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate,
B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing, U.S. Army Veteran
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Anything like these???

EXACTLY like those. Two holes that it slides into from the top. Trying to figure out what mount and hardware I need to use the same setup inside.

I have a stud finder so I would assume it’s fairly easy to figure out where to put the screws in the wall inside. Now I’m just trying to figure out what would secure the TV into the mount inside while driving down the road. Just trying to figure out the best hardware to order and some recommendations.

I also want to add a TV to my bedroom and the toy-hauler area but those TVs won’t need to be able to detach like the one in the living room which I will want to be able to use outside...
Old 09-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailz View Post
Make sure you can use the mount outside. When I moved my small bedroom TV to the outside mount it covered up the exterior AC outlet for the TV making it useless. I will have to purchase an extension arm to mount the TV outside.

I have not had any problem with using this style mount although it does look like it could come out if bounced hard enough.

Here is a link for some RV TV mounts.

https://shop.ramco-eng.com/collectio...ick-disconnect

Happy camping,

C

Thanks for the help. That website gave me a bunch of ideas. I ended up ordering the one with the QD mount but I’m still not clear on how I will keep it from jumping out of that mount over a bump. I’m hoping there is a mechanism that holds it in place that comes with it.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #9

Ours has never tried to "jump" out of the mount it is hard enough getting it to come out on it own when you are trying.

But having said that, for the last 10-15 years we have mounted a strap that has a plastic buckle, around the TV to prevent movement on the road. Do not have a picture, it was given to us by our RV dealer.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrod View Post
Thanks for the help. That website gave me a bunch of ideas. I ended up ordering the one with the QD mount but I’m still not clear on how I will keep it from jumping out of that mount over a bump. I’m hoping there is a mechanism that holds it in place that comes with it.
Glad to help! I just purchased the 9" extension arm so that I can use the outside mount.

Really have not had an issue with the TV coming out of the mount when traveling and that's even after traveling through Birmingham AL. Although I may add a strap just to be safe.

Happy camping,

C

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate,
B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing, U.S. Army Veteran
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #11

I'm not sure about the mount either, I have fr 18th and the factory mounts are shaped like a V, the TV slides in slides out, very simple and they are on ebay, so with that said I remove my 43 inch roku, store it on the bed under the covers, no problem
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount