Old 07-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

TV/Stereo Upgrades Questions and Comments

Hey Gang,

I am just wondering what some of you have done with your TV/stereo units in your In your trailers. I am quite un-impressed with the quality and for-thought regarding our stereo and TV. First our speakers are ver "tinny" with not a great sound at all. I thought I have read previously before that some of you have replaced speakers with a bit better quality and that made a big difference. I am not looking for Dolby Digital 5.1 or even close to it, just something better than what is there. Have any of you done this modification?

Secondly, for some odd reason the had the great idea to have a swivel TV set that can twist from living area to bedroom, great idea right? Well, there are four speakers in the living area and the two closest to the bedroom are facing away from the TV. Tis become more problematic when you want the kids to watch a movie later in the evening and they go to the queen bedroom and the sound so out in the living area. Hmmm, I tried to disconnect the audio from the speakers but the audio and the video are all one cord. Just wondering what some of you have done in this situation? Come up with a different way to run video and just use speaker from TV or mount bedroom speakers in the bedroom. Thanks for any help or ideas you may have.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #2

Greetings,
I upgraded the original stereo in my TT and installed a car Kenwood AM/FM CD player and it made a world of difference on the quality of the sound, with that said the original speakers leave a lot to be desired (sound quality). I will be upgrading to better speakers later. To your second question, I have six speakers all together, 2 in the living dining room areas, 2 in the bedroom and lastly 2 outside of the TT (weatherproof). the original installation basically had all speakers playing all at once. I isolated all of the speakers by zones. Bedroom, living room/dining room, and bedroom. Simply by a throw of a switch I can chose to shut off or on one or 2 zones, and you can select any zone you want to listen to or have off. The options of audio are AM/FM stereo, CD, VIDEO or AUX (I can connect I Phone Music). and lastly I installed a night light option that luminates the stereo console (LED Blue strip lights 12 V) this helps when everyone is resting so the overhead lights don't need to be turned on, it also works as a mood light. I hope this helps and I will post pictures later. Hector

Old 07-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #3

Thanks Hector... I waited a while for someone to post. I too have 3 zones. 1 set outside... the other 2 sets inside in living room area. Do you think just changing the speakers would help sound quality?

As well, is there a way to get the video from my DVD/ video player and just use the speaker from my tv?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

Definitely changing the speakers will improve the quality of the sound, however assuming you have the original sound unit, these systems usually are not the best. The TT OEMs just install the bare bone cheap systems. this is why I chose to upgrade to a car Stereo system. For your bedroom option if you want to add speakers would be nice if not some TV's allow you to add a sound bar with the source in the back of course. this is a better option than the original TV speakers. Assuming you can select to turn off your other zones completely. I hope this makes sense.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Our 5th wheel came with a "5.1 surround sound" system. What a pile of garbage that Genesis/Concertone system is. I removed the stereo (GT 3.0), and installed a home receiver. I also replaced the factory "subwoofer" with a Bose Bass Module. I retained the other factory speakers and the system sounds great for movies and background music. I couldn't be happier.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #6
Site Team

My trailer had 8 speakers, 4 in the living room on channel 'A', two in the bedroom on channel 'B' and 2 outside on channel 'C'. My Brother In Law's trailer was setup similar to yours. 4 in the living room, 2 of them on 'A' and 2 of them on 'B', 2 outside on 'C', no bedroom. After seeing mine, he plans to see if he can add speakers in the bedroom, then rewiring all 4 in his living room to 'A' and the two ones he adds to 'B'. He hasn't done that project yet though.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #7

That sounds like the way it should have been from factory... oh well...oversights
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #8

Pictures of my system

Here are pics of my new system as I explained. I also included a pic of the old unit and of course the LED lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_193104.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	59330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_193245.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	59331   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_193327.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	59332   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_193414.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	59333   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_193529.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	59334  

Old 07-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #9

Nice job...Does one of those switches control the disco light coming down from the ceiling? Keep me posted when you change your speakers. Will you be upgrading the wiring or would that be too much of a headache?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by htorres View Post
Here are pics of my new system as I explained. I also included a pic of the old unit and of course the LED lights.
Looks like a nice job.

I would like to add / enhance the stereo in my Work And Play.

Add ouside speakers and some in the bedroom.

Mine was built with just (4) speakers, (2) in dining / living area and (2) in the garage. All on (1) channel.

Tags
upgrade