Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #1

Tv to soundbar connection

Recently someone posted a thread on how to attach your TV to the Sound Bar Unit. The only way the TV plays through the sound bar now is, when the DVD is attached or when using the radio...Would be nice to have the TV play through it as well, know it will sound much better.
Hooking up the appropriate cables is where I have a problem in identifying where each cable needs to be plugged.
Would appreciate any help our there..
kickster
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #2

The sound bar (RCA?) has quite a lot of connections and inputs available. I connected my TV audio out (L&R) to one of the aux audio in (RCA jacks) on the soundbar. You do need to select the right source on the soundbar to hear it.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #3

how do you determine which is the correct source...thatis my problem, to many connections to chose from..got any diagrams? w sure would really help..got all kinds of cables..thanks
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #4

My soundbar has 3 or 4 options you have to scroll through using the remote. You choose what input you are using, e.g. TV, IPOD, etc. Like zs said, make sure you hook it up right from your TV to the soundbar. I use the red/white cords.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #5

I just spent the last day while camping trying to figure all this out.

Here we're my issues and hope this helps you. Ok I went from DVD to soundbar via hdmi. Soundbar to tv via hdmi. I can watch a movie and listen to the radio via bt on the soundbar. Regular tv is through the tv only. After talking to the geeks the only way I can get tv as well through the soundbar is via a optical cable between tv and soundbar.

I also did another soundbar on the outside tv. This is a tv/DVD combo set. Problem here is the tv only has one hdmi, RCA and a digital out. The soundbar doesn't have hdmi (cheap one) and only has optical and RCA. Also the RCA on the tv is only input. The only output is the digital out (orange plug). For this one I had to go digital from tv into a box I had to buy at radio shack. That converts digital the analog. From that box I went RCA to the soundbar. Works great all this was just a pain in the ass and a whole lot of frustration.

Hope any of this helps
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote