Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #11

Not a welder, but some of the welds on the cross C beams had holes and in general looked very rushed, hard to tell thru the paint put at some spots it looks like the weld did not get hot enough to melt the metal. My just be my unit as I believe it was one of the first built.
They missed one of the bolts holding the trailer body to the frame.
Having the tire barely meet the load of the trailer seems to be almost standard in the industry.
They seem to add up the total weight the tires can carry at max pressure add some for hitch weight and thats your GVWR.
The GVWR on my trailer could only be reached if I had the full 3500 on the axel and 600 on the hitch

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Vibe View Post
Not a welder, but some of the welds on the cross C beams had holes and in general looked very rushed, hard to tell thru the paint put at some spots it looks like the weld did not get hot enough to melt the metal. My just be my unit as I believe it was one of the first built.
They missed one of the bolts holding the trailer body to the frame.
Saturn had a look at my frame, and did not seem to have too many concerns. I will have to take a closer look at the frame when I get the modified unit back. I assume that Forest River does not manufacture the frame ? Would it not be one of the Chassis Manufacturers listed on there "Components List" website link ? I will have to look for a manufacturers label on my frame.

Tags
axle