Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbln930 View Post
The reason for Goodyears six year warranty is you need it. The 614's are notorious for blowouts on the monster fifth wheels. We went with Sailun's commercial 14 ply. I have never seen a sidewall as thick as that tire's.

I have probably put 40,000 miles on my Goodyear G614 tires pulling my Cedar Creek. The tires are four years old and look new. I have never had a problem or a flat with the Goodyear’s. The Goodyear’s are made in America, if the tire says China on the tires it says cheap to me.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #62

think have you ever seen a rim blow out or a tire? Now that said I had a c class with load range e and did put on load range g at a 100 psi never had a rim blow out or a tire LOL
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #63

I have seen an aluminum race car wheel explode on a tire machine and kill the installer. That’s why good tire shops won’t exceed the pressure rating of a wheel.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #64

I still don't believe since I did work in a tire shop and had to exceed the tire pressure to just to get bead to seat all the way around and maybe the rim in question should never have been use and could have been damaged or a crack in it. that's why a good shop inspects all wheels before mounting if my shop found a problem out the door it went.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo111 View Post
think have you ever seen a rim blow out or a tire? Now that said I had a c class with load range e and did put on load range g at a 100 psi never had a rim blow out or a tire LOL
At first it may seem ridiculous, but the original post is a completely valid question. With all due respect, check on the web for blown up rims/wheels. Wheels have a weight rating just like tires do for a reason.
Be safe.
ADVtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #66

all is I say is think how many times have you seen a steal rim blown apart on the highway? you will say the tire blew again in the statement was racing rim and tire which is made light weight and how many time was this rim in wrecks how can you compare racing wheels and tire with coach tires and wheels they are not in the same category.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #67

All these responses gave you excellent advice. I also switched my China bombs to Goodyear Endurance right after they came out and had little reviews. I weighed my trailer, used the inflation guide Goodyear provides and wound up putting 55 lbs in them. My trailer is single axle and I wanted all the margin and safety I could find. Absolutely no problems. Peace of mind.
jeffkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #68

Thanks jeff. After hearing all the horror stories on here about "China Bombs" I wanted replacement tires I could trust, so I looked into American made tires to fit my TT and found only a Goodyear tire in the ST225/75R15 size. Cooper tires are also made here but don't come in ST, only P and LT. Anyway, I didn't necessarily want a load range E tire, but that's the only way I could get them in Goodyear ST. At the time I posted my original question, I was under the assumption that a load range E tire had to be inflated to the max pressure of 80 psi shown on the sidewall of the tire. Since I now know I can run lower pressures I may go ahead and buy the Goodyears and install on the existing wheels and inflate to 65 psi that I know won't damage these wheels. Just wanted peace of mind, not more weight carrying capacity.
kisatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #69

Me Too.

I found dry rot cracks in the tires on my 2016 Rockwood. I switched to the Goodyear Endurance Load range E and run them at 65PSI. So far, no complaints after about 6,000 miles.

Marty
Old 11-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkshotrods View Post
I just swapped out my tires in my 2019 Wolfpack 24 pack 14 to the Goodyear Endurance 15 inch tires. We just got back to Mesa Az from camping on Silverstrand Beach in San Diego. I highly recommend these tires for your rig. The are a big improvement over the flimsy stock tires.
Finally! I found someone with a Wolfpack 24pack14+. The Castle Rock tires came on ours, E rated radials. Did you get something different? How exactly are the Goodyear's better? What did you notice? Thanks!

2019 FR Cherokee Wolf Pack 24pack14+
2019 Ford F250SD 4 x 4, 6.2L
2015 DL1000A ADV
2017 DR-Z400 SM
2thdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #71
ENE

I heard the Sailon tires are the best, they are like armor, I suspect they would ride of little hard but great tire protection from road hazards. I was going to buy them for my trailer but got caught up in Salt Lake City recently with some tire issues and had no tire to order Sailon tires so I went with the 2nd best Goodyear Endurance tires.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires, upgrade