Old 09-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #11

M4 Natural Light bulbs are the best I havevtried. Another downside of cheap LEDs is increased interference (electronic noise). If you put them in the lights, which are in the same circuit as your tv preamp, you will get very few to no tv channels.

Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #12

QUOTE I went with the natural white (middle of temps) and although they are more white that an incandescent, they are much brighter and of course use FAR less battery than incandescent. Here's what I went with http://www.m4products.com/elite-seri...ung-5630-leds/ keep in mind too the quality LED will not get hot, the cheap ones will.END QUOTE
i ordered some today from M4 in California, and 2 hours later got notice they are already in the mail to me. They also mentioned in email that they would take back if not the right color, etc within a week or so.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #13

I upgraded all the interior lights with warm whites except over the kitchen counter , those were brite white. Then, moveing to the outside at the rear i replaced the totally anemic combo taillights with led ovals and a 17" led strip up the vertical edge of the ramp frame,I also added a led marker light on the end of the bumper to function as a stop/turn signal only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1997.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	89031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1993.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	89032  
Old 09-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #14

I replaced all of the interior bulbs in my 2011 Georgetown 327DS with LED bulbs by went the DIY route. I purchased 48LED flat panel assemblies that do not include voltage regulators. When I tested them, I discovered that they overheated in the RV because the converter keeps the system voltage at 13.6V. This problem was resolved by installing a DC "buck" regulator in each of the fixtures and setting the output voltage to 11.2V. The regulators were around $3 each and create no interference with other electronics in the RV. Best of all, they fit into the center section of the pancake fixtures which made them easy to install.

One of the fixtures I removed, the one that was "on" more than any other, had a large brown area under it; heat damage to the ceiling from the hot 914 bulbs.

Phil
Old 09-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #15

led upgrade

I found led on eBay for about 3 each it cost $30 to convert all the inside lamps. The cost from rv dealers was $30 each.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #16

Cabin Bright | Products Youroo!!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #17

Pmsherman, where did you get the panels and regulators?
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #18

Thumbs down Led Upgrade

I think they were out of china. I don't remember exactly but I searched socket type and high output white led. It was at least 2 years ago.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #19

I replaced all the single switch duel 12v bulb fixtures with duel switch LED fixtures. Happy with the added light and ability to control how much light. My battery has thanked me.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:33 AM   #20

Ben31, very interesting point on the increased interference. My last trip with the factory incandescence bulbs I wasn’t able to watch T.V. running just off the antenna. As soon as I turned off the lights the T.V. picture was fine. I totally forgot about it until I saw your post. I wouldn’t think incandescence bulbs would do this, kind of an annoying situation at best. Did anyone else ever run across this issue? and would better LED’s correct this problem in the future?

Many thanks for all the great replies.

Tags
led, upgrade