Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #21

Strange to get interference from incandescents... maybe the load was so high that the converter was charging the battery from shore power and putting noise on the line.

There were some early LEDs that caused an interference problem but they would be replaced under warranty. Neither the factory LED lighting or various third party replacements/additions have ever caused me any problems.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #22

M4 are great to deal with. I had purchased some LED,s from Amazon. Yes they work but do not give off a lot of light and caused some interference. Contacted M4 and had them send me some of there 921-17-5630-NW out, What a difference. Many times brighter and they fit the light base much better. Going to order another 10 of them to do the complete MH.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #23

Replacing lights in 1012 Silverback 29RE

Hi,
I'm a new 5th wheeler. I'd like to change all the light bulbs to LEDs. I don't have access to our unit right now, so I'm going on my memory.
The larger overhead bulbs are 921 wedge type. Wow, are they hot to touch.
I've noticed that some of you use the flat round one sided LEDs. I can't visualize them fitting. But, I can't see right now. The other bulbs are the very small G4 with the two tiny prongs.
Most of the light switches are small rocker switches. Is there a replacement dimmer switch for those rocker switches?
I'd appreciate your experience and suggestions.

Thanks,
Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #24
ENE

My personal experience replacing bulbs in my house and car with LED was looking for the right LED bulb brightness. In my kitchen it turns out the new LEDs were too bright and glaring, had to replace them again. In my car I had the problem the LEDs were better but not as bright. I found some of these sellers on eBay sell the cheap China brands and don't really advertise the brightness rating.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #25

Earl thanks for reply. Yes the prices really vary. I think an M4 bulb is like $10 and cheap bulbs can be less than $1
Changing 20+ bulbs is a big time difference. There must be in between prices. After all we're just dealing with light bulbs.
TimfmCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #26

I'm having a hard time, just getting the covers off so I can see what type of bulb I need. The fixtutes, have one rocker switch in the middle and bulbs on both sides. There is a place to squeeze the outside and slide the cover, but only one side comes off, any thoughts
Old 10-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #27
Site Team

Most of the replacement LEDs use high frequency driver circuits to power the LEDs. The cheap Chinese ones use low quality components and will cause severe interference on your TV and Radio. Before you buy a large qty of any one , I suggest buying one and trying it.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #28
Site Team

I have to use a small flat blade screwdriver to gently pry the lens away from the center partition where the switch is. You only need to move the lens about 1/4" away from the divider. I pry each side of each lens a little at a time.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:53 AM   #29

led

Keep trying. The cover is tight and will come off. Try sliding back.
NorSnrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDealer View Post
I'm having a hard time, just getting the covers off so I can see what type of bulb I need. The fixtutes, have one rocker switch in the middle and bulbs on both sides. There is a place to squeeze the outside and slide the cover, but only one side comes off, any thoughts
Yes, I also found them to be difficult to remove the covers. After a lot of pushing and pulling, I got one off. I noticed that squeezing the cover was not enough unless you slide the cover a tiny bit away from the switch side. Then there was a tiny space for the tips on the cover to move into when squeezed.
hope this helps,

Tags
led, upgrade