Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #21

1, Changed the kitchen sink from the cheapy no neck to a nice goose neck model so we can get pots under it to add water. Grabbed the faucet at rv surplus store.

2, Installed a boogey awning lights and they turned out great. Love the remote and different colors and that I can dim them down so not to blast out the neighbors.
volliefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #22

Full safety upgrades

I actually did this at the end of last year by
Reaping the benefits this year.
I have a wildwood x-lite 24-QBXL and I did a full suspension and tire upgrade.
I put the Morryde CRE 3000 along with the full set bolts and heavy duty shackle upgrade. I also dumped the Castle Rocks for the the Goodyear Endurance.
HUGE difference in the ride and towability.
I also put 2 deep cycle 6 volt batteries wired in series so I’ve got about 150 amp hours of juice when Boondocking.
I plan to put 200 watts of panels on the roof at some point this year.
Mr.Chisels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:58 PM   #23

On my 2006 Forester 3101S class C I'm replacing the awning and slide topper fabric. Replacing the uncomfortable jacknife sofa with reclining theater seats, going to replace the club chair but not sure with what yet. And during the off season going to have the platinum silver paint along the bottom of the rig changed to a dark blue.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #24

2019 Upgrades

Been trying to do upgrades every year to improve the towability and safety of the 5er. This year was a new MorRyde suspension and Step above steps. Last year was MorRyde pin box, disc brakes, slide toppers, and Goodyears. Had to repair/upgrade the water tank that fell out this spring. Now that the major towability upgrades are done, thinking about new flooring to get rid of carpet, upgrading kitchen faucet to something more substantial, and replacing the theatre seating with separate Euro recliners. Plan on keeping this thing for a long time and so want it to last. Hopefully the upgrades will help.

Check out my Blog "A Grande Tour" about our travels and other writings! agrandetour.com
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
Last year we did a lot of upgrades (new tires, slide out awnings, electric over hydraulic disc brakes, storage/cargo organization upgrades), hoping to keep it pretty low key this year.We need to replace our entry steps (again) They are the black folding 4 step from Hickory. The main support is cracked and rusting again, slowly making the steps more bouncy. Not sure which type to replace with, Glow Step or the Step Above/Solid Step. Don't want to cut up our door trim or lose our screen door, so that may make the decision for us.

Might add a tankless water heater.... Redo the kitchen island and add a dishwasher? Pull carpet and put in laminate? Lol options are endless, but the budget isn't.
Hey Lenny, The MorRyde Step Above are awesome. We had ours done at MorRyde and 2 of my co-workers had them installed in their rigs. No mods to the door frame, screen, etc. They make a huge difference. Just my $.02.

Check out my Blog "A Grande Tour" about our travels and other writings! agrandetour.com
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #26

We ordered swivel bases for our two captains chairs (driver and Passenger) so when we are parked we can turn them around adding extra seating to our 2018 Freelander. We are on our second trip since we bought it last fall and are picking up things we need as we go. We upgraded from a Coachman Cadet. Enjoying the Class C way more than the trailer. We have 4 more week long trips July through August and in September we are heading west from where we live South Hadley MA. Love this site! Everyone seems to jump in and help others. Thanks for asking what we are doing to upgrade.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 AM   #27

Great ideas. Loved your post. Ken
Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #28

Sorry I was referring another “Ken” and the my posts went it looked like i was thanking myself When I looked the post I was thanking should I have done a quote so everyone would know who I was talking about.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:10 AM   #29

I have a 2004 Cherokee Wolfpack Toy Hauler that I was contemplating trading in. After reviewing the new offerings I discovered they have moved more into creature comforts rather than toy hauler space. At any rate I like the floor plan of mine so I decided to keep it. The downside of mine is the pull down bed (only one in the trailer) in the back as it required a ladder to get into. At 64 years old it has become a challenge so I decided to put the bed on a Happijack lift. I ended up finding a bunch of piece's/parts on Craigslist . I had to weld channel together to get it to the right length and withe. Loving it now. The parts cost me less than 200 bucks versus 1700 the dealer's wanted. Well worth the effort on my part. I replaced my Honda Generator with a new used Onan 4KW quiet model, Replaced the suspension hardware including greaseable pins. Fixed multiple roof leaks, Replaced the outdoor steps due to me forgetting to fold them up and hit a curb and bending the crap out of them. Yeah I paid the stupid tax on that one lol. Been a buy year for the toy Hauler to say the least!
Odyknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #30

We require pictures....
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:49 AM   #31

Installed a Girard, modle 2 tankless water heater on my 2019 Georgetown. The thing is amazing. No more navy showers. Next we will be adding a Roadmaster steering stabilizer.
toppertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:46 AM   #32

Can you aborate on your solar
nautipelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #33

Sorry, my computer glitched and I cound not complete or edit the post.......
Q: Are your solar panels permanently mounted or do you take them off for travel/use???
Can you tilt them? Please elaborate on your install!!
Thanks, Ken
nautipelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:34 AM   #34

No problem. We don’t have any solar right now but we do have a solar ready connection installed just out side our door on our. Not sure that portable is worth my efforts.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #35

Noticed how much heat was getting into my 24x this summer so I went looking at Lowes for some insulation sheets to help stop it and the fade from the sun. Came away with Reflectix https://www.lowes.com/pd/Reflectix-R...5-ft-L/3011904 product is foil wrapped bubble wrap with R-21 insulating capabilities. Spent an afternoon cutting and splicing to make covers for my windows and can say this should really help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper window shades.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	209356  
rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Welp, upgrades started. Ordered a new sectional yesterday. 114” wide in a space that is 115” wide!

I lost my plan for a loveseat + separate chair.
Where did you order the sofa?
mpr3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
Noticed how much heat was getting into my 24x this summer so I went looking at Lowes for some insulation sheets to help stop it and the fade from the sun. Came away with Reflectix https://www.lowes.com/pd/Reflectix-R...5-ft-L/3011904 product is foil wrapped bubble wrap with R-21 insulating capabilities. Spent an afternoon cutting and splicing to make covers for my windows and can say this should really help.
No question the Reflectix is good stuff but a single sheet of it is more like R-3.7.

To get the R-21 you have to have a 9.5" "air space" split in half using two layers of Reflectix". (info from Reflectix).

See this chart from Reflectix:

https://www.reflectixinc.com/wp-cont...s-Rev-0219.pdf

That said, the stuff is great for keeping out heat especially from windows due to it's reflective qualities that hold out radiant heat. If one puts it on the OUTSIDE of the window it does even better. Many aircraft flown into super hot climates will have windshield covers made from same or similar product to keep out radiant heat, not letting the windshield itself heat up and transferring heat inside. Some narrow strips of steel painted same color as windows, double back taped to the edges of the windows (outside) in strategic locations, and some glue on magnets in places that match on a reflectix cover will allow for quick on/off and the insulation will be way more effective than just stuck inside the window.

Just saying.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #38
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr3369 View Post
Where did you order the sofa?

Haverty’s furniture store in Florida.

https://www.havertys.com/furniture/reynolds-sectional

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3499.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	209482
Old 07-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #39
As long as I can!

used tv spot for cordless vac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosterCA View Post
We have a similar outlet in the bedroom. I suppose it was put there for a TV but we will never install one.

We fastened the holder for a cordless vacuum to the backing in the wall used for the TV that we don't have or want. The outlet is just right for the charger for the vacuum. I love it. Easy to get to and out of the way.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #40

Hi,
New to camping and want to add an Inverter. Where and how did you install? I have a single a 12v battery. Should I add a second battery? Pics would be helpful.
Thanks

2019 Grey Wolf 26RR
2015 Ford F150
Franic is offline   Reply With Quote