Old 03-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #21

Did you run a dehumidifier to keep moisture from building up? How frosty did the windows get?

Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #22

i never ran a dehumidifier or anything, moisture levels were never really an issue. at most, i had very minor frost on some windows when it was really cold. other than that, all good!

the electric heater maybe helped, but i would usually blow the hatch in the bathroom during showers and that seemed to keep moisture minimal. their was a few times where it was really cold and we just got a dump of snow (here goes my procrastination again) and i didnt shovel the roof, so i couldnt use the vents. at that point their was a noticable increase in moisture(nothing extreme), thats when the windows would develop the little bit of frost at the corners.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #23

Hey there folks. I am back. Lol. Sorry about not replying, but looks like my fellow northerner ykdave was able to help fill in. I have a similar heat set up. But I have the 2 thermostat controlled electric heater under the trailer to keep it at about 12 degrees Celsius. And a 1500 watt inferred heater inside. Along with the same propane tank set up as ykdave I had about the same expense. As for the windows I actually covered the windows with foil bubble wrap to help block the cold. Also like ykdave our climate is very dry here in the winter and as long as you use the vents there was no need for a dehumidifier.

The only issue I has was the fridge stopped working. Even with the cover on the outside. It is not working on either electric or gas. Started the warrantee process but bought a small bar fridge to get me by while I have to battle with the RV dealer to get the fridge fixed. Lol

All and all I can say that I am very happy with the V-Lite. Very well built unit. And easily converted to winter use with the right knowledge. BTW ykdave, I used to live in Yellowknife, and Whitehorse, that's where I get my knowledge of winter living. Lol

Cheers buddy.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:36 AM   #24

nice! never had any issues (or had to do any mods) with my fridge, which fridge is in your unit?
Old 03-13-2015, 12:45 AM   #25

It is the domestic 6 ft3. Nice unit. But I have read that they are hit an miss some times when they are parked for long periods and not moved around. I was told to take the unit out and turn it upside down for about an hour. Then set it back up right and reinstall. I got that I for motion from one of the service techs I met. Apparently that is what a lot of the dealers will do when you bring it in and "fix" the problem. They work differently than the regular fridge systems. These are made to be shaken up a bit. Lol.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:06 AM   #26

yep, its a true story, if theyve been rattled around or operated at extremely off angles, they can trap air in the top of the loop and the ammonia wont circulate

flipping it upside down for a day or so is usual first attempt to fix a dead propane fridge LOL

Tags
v-lite