Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
wall border

New TT (Wildwood) has a 4" border (accent strip) that runs around the middle of the wall in the main part of the coach. In one place it is disclored very noticably. Not peeling etc, but looks like it was faded or they tried to clean a spot and the cleaner caused the colors to bleed.

If I can't fix it, does anyone know of another RV border product that you stick over the original or has anyone peeled that off and replaced. I'd be hesitant about using a home wall paper accent as I may not want to wet the walls for the application but I'm afraid that with the temperature swings inside a TT when not occupied, the stick on stuff would not hold.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance for a place to even ask this question

Crosshill from OK
Wildwood M29+3 TT
crosshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
should have noted that the TT is new to me. It is a used 2005 model so going back the dealer or warranty is not an option as I purchased from an individual. It is only a cosmetic issue but you know how guys and pride go...

Crosshill from OK
Wildwood M29+3 TT
crosshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
The wallpaper accent strips are the same stuff you can get at any home center. If you go to an RV place they'll just double or triple the cost.

aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
you may try the sugar aproach
vist your local forest river products dealer and ask if they have any border rolls left over from previous years, back in teh service area dark corners.
i did this and found a whle roll of border for our rv and they let me have as much as i needed for free, i did have to look through about ten rolls till i found the right one.
Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
Send a message via MSN to welshman599
The sugar approach.... that was good and a smart idea. Though at first I thought it was some home remedy for cleaning wallpaper
  • Salem 401-2b; 31" Sony Trinitron and two channels on the antenna.
  • Smokin' hot wife... 2 boys, 25 and 10.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
Wall paper border

I used standard wall paper border from WalMart and the special wall paper border paste that they also sell at Walmart. On my first attempt to use the pre-paste on the border, it fell off. With the special paste, I have had no problems after 3 years.

John U
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2014 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist
There is more than one kind of wallpaper paste...if this were my project I would use the kitchen and bath kind, designed for more extreams of temperature and humidity.

I would also leave this kind of project for warmer weather, as most wallpaper paste requires a minimum temperature to work best.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
Yes, you can replace the wallpaper boarder. I have done this on several clients motorhomes and travel trailers.

Use a regular prepasted (vinyl coated) wallpaper boarder and buy boarder adhesvie. Make sure your room tempreture, including wall tempreture is about 65 degrees or above.

Some trailers I have done the wallpaper boarder was stuck on really well so I went over the existing paper. Make sure to clean the area with simple green first to get off any residue. Dry completely and then put a thin coat of boarder adhesive on the exisiting boarder, wet your new wallpaper boarder and apply. Make sure to use a plastic spreading tool in order to get good adhesion.

Make sure temps in the trailer stay warm for a few days for curing process.

And you should be fine. If you do get a little bubble or peeling from time to time, just take a small artist brush and push a little wallpaper adhesive into the area and respread with your plastic tool. Make sure the wet the area with a sponge before respreading, you don't want to mar the paper or damage the finish on the boarder.

Good luck and send pics when your done.

Ted & Rebecca
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315SS (Cream Cabinets)

10 year old Lab - Morgan
1 year old Basset Hound - Lola

2 Teenage Sons

Interior Designer for homes & RV's - Love my Job!
the happy hour oasis is offline   Reply With Quote