Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #1

Want to make a grill mount

So I want to make a grill mount/Table for my Weber Q so my grill always has a level place to sit, and is out of the way AND near the propane so that I can ditch the 1 lb bottles. This mount will ONLY be in use while I'm parked, and never for travel.

What I have in mind, would be to mount a bumper hitch receiver to the frame of my TT up near the propane. I would like to come out of the receiver with probably an 6"-8" rise and then mount a piece of square tubing to where the ball would normally mount to allow my table to swing out of the way, or swing away from the TT to avoid grease splatter.

This is what I've found. I'd really like to stick with the 1-1/4" receiver just for weight reasons, and 2" seems like overkill for a grill rack. However, the only 1-1/4" Class I/II "bumper" mounts I can find, have a 2-3" drop built into them, which is very counter productive, since I want to try to have this end up around waist height. Does anybody have a source that sells one that mounts flush in a 1-1/4" like this 2"? Or have any other ideas to mount a grill near the front of the TT that won't cost more than $100?

Here is the 2" mount without the 2-3" drop built in.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My Sierra came with a swing out bumper mounted grill. I never liked the grill as it was small and cheap. I rebuilt the the swing out arm to with another pivot to extend beyond the slide and mounted a full size grill (minus the stand) with side burner. Had pins that would lock in place and a drip down adjustable leg to help support. Everything folded up on the bumper as original and was pinned in place for travel. I removed the grill and mount before trading in. I'll see if I have pictures.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #3

Thanks! I thought about mounting to the rear bumper, but the TT came with a fold down rack, so that I'd have to remove that, which I'm not so inclined to do because surprisingly, I've used it on 2 or 3 of our trips.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount