Originally Posted by Swampweasel
Is there a cure?
No, there is no cure. But there are ways to keep the disease from getting out of control.
1) Remain calm and know that you will be doing some MODs in the near future.
2) survey the unit for possible MODing areas.
3) Remain calm and make a Short List.
4) Take this list and talk to the DW about them, ask her what she likes/thinks. (remember, there is no cure and this is a long process) Keep the DW happy.
5) From this short list pick ONE... Two, at the most of projects to do. Do them well. Sit back, smile, remain calm. (ask the DW what she thinks)
6) Keep your list short and Finish each MOD to the best that you can.
7) Call all of your MODing friends and get them involved.
8) Wash, rinse, spin... repeat.
9) there is no cure, but over time the urges may recede a little. (but then again.... maybe not... )