Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What's the best winter cover?

Looking for a cover for our 365saq. Who makes the best cover, with the best fit, for the best money, that will withstand an OH winter?
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

We use an ADCO.

In general, any cover you use needs to be a good fitted cover that will breathe. The two keys are "fitted" and "breathe". Fitted covers will reduce or eliminate the problem with wind blowing the cover and causing the finish to rub off in areas. Breatheability is important to let the moisture out.

ADCO is a popular but moderately expensive brand of cover. CalMark makes a custom cover that is more expensive, but also is designed to fit the contours of your particular unit. There are other brands, but these two were the ones I researched last year.

Our ADCO goes on and comes off fairly easily. Its a one-man job at our house. Tip - We use tennis balls on the down spouts, which helped the cover to both go on and come off smoothly without snags or broken bits.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #3

Adco Designer Series

Just bought an Adco Designer Series online from Camping World. We opened it up over the weekend and observed very light weight, heavy zipper doors, reinforcement on the corners, marked with "Front" and "Back", cross tie straps on the front and back to remove any slack and weighted straps. Also, they provide sticky patch repair material in the box and more may be requested if you register the cover.

The price is much less and a much better cover than the one we purchased from Adco for our 28' LQ horse trailer.

Appears Adco learned much in the last five years
HorseyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseyHauler View Post
Just bought an Adco Designer Series online from Camping World. We opened it up over the weekend and observed very light weight, heavy zipper doors, reinforcement on the corners, marked with "Front" and "Back", cross tie straps on the front and back to remove any slack and weighted straps. Also, they provide sticky patch repair material in the box and more may be requested if you register the cover.

The price is much less and a much better cover than the one we purchased from Adco for our 28' LQ horse trailer.

Appears Adco learned much in the last five years
I've looked at the Adco Designer Series, but it seems they only go up to 40', unless you go to their Custom Fit series. Then the price jumps to over $2000. I need to cover 42'. I only wish I had 14' doors in my building, I would just park it inside all winter.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Looking for a cover for our 365saq. Who makes the best cover, with the best fit, for the best money, that will withstand an OH winter?
Just can't resist, get an enclosed building big enough to let the slides out.

Wish I could afford one too!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Just can't resist, get an enclosed building big enough to let the slides out.

Wish I could afford one too!
I actually have a building big enough, only problem is, the door is only 12' high. I thought of making the door taller, but it involvles some major cutting and repositioning of I-beams.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #7

A heated garage.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #8

Outside of a building (I have one but the doors aren't tall enough) I decided to go with a CalMark cover. Longer warranty than Adco, almost a little more pricey. They will send you an information package where you fill in the dimensions of your trailer along with the location of vents, a/c, ladder, etc. Made to fit your dimensions.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I actually have a building big enough, only problem is, the door is only 12' high. I thought of making the door taller, but it involvles some major cutting and repositioning of I-beams.
Lower the floor going into the garage or deflate the tires?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #10

I've bought Adco covers before. I figure if I can get four or five years out of them I'm doing good.

To be fair, the Adco covers work well. The main issues I have are that the cover really needs to be snug to the camper. We have terrible winds during the winter (and summer) in Colorado and the cover takes a beating. Also, the d$*# rabbits that visit under the camper nibble at the straps (both these issues are not Adco's fault).
MikeInColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #11

I found a camco ultra gaurd cover on wallyworld's website that is 42' (we have a 365saq as well). It is only $299 and has side vents, and looks like it will fit well. I figure for $299 it's worth a shot.

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ
2008 F250 Lariat CCSB, Deleted and Tuned
mortal798 is offline   Reply With Quote