Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
That is what I got mine for when not on sale.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
Camping world had the X Chocks on sale for $32.95 each (camping club member) - I bought two of them for $65.98 and saved a bunch - if they were not on sale it would have cost me $111.10
now is the time to look into it - if you are not a camping club member might wabt to pay the $20 and save $ 20 - it would have already paid for itself here
I did the same thing - I know we'll get more stuff this year than most years. The nearest CW store is about an hour west of here and we made the trek a few weeks ago but didn't join the pres club at that time.

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese53073 View Post
I like the idea there murray.
I also considered making my own but wen I priced out things I discovered the $25 price for the plastic ones was a fair deal.
I had those chain binders just lying around. I think I had about 7 bucks in them.
murrayflagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Just got an email from Camping World; apparently they have these ones on a 2 day sale.

Does anybody have any suggestions for us single axle people? Or is just a couple of pieces of wood good enough?
Yes wood is appropriate, you can cut them on an angle to wedge under the tire a bit better, you can also buy a plastic wedge wheel chocks at Walmart quite cheap (like 5 bucks).

The block and bolt on the twin axles help to prevent rocking forward and backward by locking the two wheels together. The wedge wheel chocks on a single axle will work good too.

My trailer (two axle) has scissor type stabilizer jacks, I chock it with the plastic wedges from Walmart, I don't have any problem with rocking at all.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
Yes wood is appropriate, you can cut them on an angle to wedge under the tire a bit better, you can also buy a plastic wedge wheel chocks at Walmart quite cheap (like 5 bucks).

The block and bolt on the twin axles help to prevent rocking forward and backward by locking the two wheels together. The wedge wheel chocks on a single axle will work good too.

My trailer (two axle) has scissor type stabilizer jacks, I chock it with the plastic wedges from Walmart, I don't have any problem with rocking at all.

Those plastic wheel wedges are not that good, I had a bit of an old moment a couple years ago and forgot them as I was just moving the trailer around the yard and pulled trailer right over them and never even noticed that they were there as they crushed pretty easy and the old Dodge never even grunted. So now I only use plastic chocks to hold the trailer till we are done leveling then I put the X-Chocks on.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes