Old 06-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #11
Dish Tailgater on a tripod, we have had to aim it North and South depending on where we are at.

Pay as we go package.

Teh boss she is camping happy now.

Like you I could have cared less about the tv....

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #12
A very useful link from Dish

Everything from Dish is real expensive so shop around.

2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
I have the DirecTV version of this:

What I really like is they make a removable roof mounting kit. So, you can mount it on the roof, but if you need to move it for obstacles or whatever, you can remove it easily and place it wherever it needs to go. I bought it back in September but they did not have the mounting kit. I was trying to figure out a removable mount myself, when I noticed they now have one, great option I think.
Golden CO
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR Limited
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #14
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Made my own for pin box, one for ladder.......wired in connectors at each location, along with connectors in the curb side under the have no cables on ground ......with the King Flex, for Direct tv, as it supports 2 receivers, I bought a receiver off ebay to leave in trailer all the time, and when going on a trip where we'll be gone awhile, take a 2nd receiver from can watch 2 different channels, as the cook'n shows do nothing for thing, will also run a length to the under awning area for park cable......this trailer has an outside 120 volt plug-in under awning and enough space in it to add connectors where they're protected from the weather
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #15
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
CC ran coax from the living room TV and the bedroom TV to a spot on the roof kinda above the front door. They also ran a control wire harness from that same location to the little closet in the bedroom.
I did a lot of research and decided to do the install myself. (Get a PDF of the wiring diagram.) I unscrewed the plate from the closet and my wife fished out the harness. (smaller hands) I had gone up on the roof a couple of times and knew about the sticker that said cut here.
My wife and I hoisted the dish up on the roof (the most difficult part) and I found a good spot to mount the system and followed the instructions and you tube videoís to the letter. I spent more time on placement than anything else. I screwed down the Travíler by hand so as to not strip anything then ran all the wires, plugged everything in and used a couple of tubes of Dicor. Tested the system and it was perfect.

The Travíler has been by far the best system and the easiest to setup and take down (just push a button). The reception is the same as the dish on the house. But it is by far the most expensive at +$1200.00 for the Travíler and plate and a couple of hours to install. (The install really takes less than an hour but I took it real slow before I poked a hole in the roof.) I probably have a little over $1300.00 in this.

There a bunch of other options to choose from but this should get you started.
Your posts are really getting at what I'm looking for. Please allow me a few more questions:

What exactly is under the "drill here" sticker on the roof? I assume it is the control cable and 2-3 RG-6 coax cables? Are the cables terminated? Do you need to supply additional lengths of terminated coax to run from that spot to the connections on the dish?

I'm assuming that the side-to-side roof profile/curvature on your 36CKTS is similar if not identical to our 38CK. Did you find the dish to sit "flat" on the roof within the 3/16" gap limit Winegard specifies?

Thanks again!

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #16
On my trailer was already a hole under the sticker so all I did was cut an X in the roof membrane. There were 3 wires in there, 2 RG6 cables that were about 3 feet long without ends on them. Then the power cable for the Trav'ler.
The 2 coax are different colors so you can tell which goes to the living room and to the bedroom. You can take the power cable off the Trav'ler before you hoist it onto the roof. In my case there was more than enough cable for my install.

The system doesn't quite lay flat on the curved roof. I put an extra bead of dicor around the outside edge and took special care as I screwed it down to keep it as flat as possible. Then more dicor.
I also got the little plate for the head to lay on.

2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote