Old 04-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #21

Didn't know about the laminated type glass, I had the bronze tinting to choose from which will match the rest of the windows.
Cost wise the glass I ordered came in just under $26. Not bad. Plexiglass $33... because of course it is a petroleum product... I found that funny... don't know why.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:26 AM   #22

I like how your blinds hang from above the door. For Dual purposes: keep people from looking in ( also while using screen door), and also for heat retention. I read that the door is one one the biggest sources of heat loss camping in cooler weather. My last camping trip, the sites were too close for my comfort and my kinda pervert neighbor knocked on my door; asking me what I was doing. He saw my movement thru the door's window as I was fidgeting with my TV equipment above the door. Sorta creepy as a female traveling solo ( except for my two big dogs as protection.) I was using the silver reflectix w/ Velcro but it keeps blowing off if windy & when using the screen door.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:36 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I was using the silver reflectix w/ Velcro but it keeps blowing off if windy & when using the screen door.
the Reflectix bubble insulation does a great job of giving privacy at night, we use it on all our windows and now even on the screen door to cover the clear door window,.....before I did use it on the frosted window by cutting it to size/shape for the frosted window and holding it in place with the blue painters tape, that is much better about NOT leaving a tacky residue when it's removed than other tapes,.....then there was no intent to remove it because we couldn't see thru the frosted glass anyway, it gave insulation and privacy,..... but now when we can and do want to see thru that window, using it on the screen door better serves our use,..... privacy at night, easily removed for see-thru day use
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0140.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	103627  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:13 AM   #24

I also did this Mod using Lexan,on a previous camper I used a shade for privacy..Decided I didn't want to hide the wood door frame on this one, I resized a curtain and attach it with velcro, comes on and off easy only use it when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0402161053.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	103841   Click image for larger version

Name:	0402161053_HDR.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	103842  
6.7 Powerstroke Diesel
Florida
Coneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by waianaegal View Post
Didn't know about the laminated type glass, I had the bronze tinting to choose from which will match the rest of the windows.
Cost wise the glass I ordered came in just under $26. Not bad. Plexiglass $33... because of course it is a petroleum product... I found that funny... don't know why.
In the 1960's and 1970's getting a car with a tinted windshield was a very expensive option.

I was shocked, shocked, really shocked to learn at the glass tempering factory that all laminated windshields have vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass. There was no cost difference between clear vinyl and tinted vinyl. What an eye opener!

If I hadn't cut the glass and then watched them laminate a windshield with the pieces I would never have know this "secret."

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door