Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #21
Site Team

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ewer-kit/44151

Thought I would take another stab at it before I call it a night. Is the white piece on the end of the swivel fitting removable? I found out the end orange cone looking piece that goes into the sewer drain can be remove with a twist. I'm thinking maybe its the white piece that does not fit inside the bumper.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #22

Just wanted to let everyone know... black zip ties are UV protected and meant for outdoor use...

Old 05-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #23

Ahh the white piece is a fun one. Just like the other end too. Yes it does come off. The large brown collar below it has the <= loosen / tighten=> arrows. This completely removes the fittings from the hose. I do not do this as the white part is smaller than the 4 large brown tabs on that collar. Those tabs have to be alligned with the corners of my bumper to insert.

Here is how i get it out. I got real thin steel cable 1/32 or 1 /64 and wrapped and secured it behind the collar with those "U" shaped wire clamping bolts. The other end of the wire is poked thru a small hole then looped through the large hole on my bumper end cap. So i just remove the end cap and keep pulling.

I Will see if i can post some pics this weekend
Old 05-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte
secured it behind the collar with those "U" shaped wire clamping bolts
Got the smallest of this and wire to match

http://www.lowes.com/pd_139305-37672...&stop_mobi=yes
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #25

PVC Gutter Slide Out

I saw a couple of you guys doing this on the site and loved the idea. My father-in-law is notorious for stopping on the side of the road and grabbing stuff he sees. We try to discourage this behavior but he won't change his ways. In fact, I've even caught myself wanting to stop when I see something particularly appealing.

I don't know when, and it was likely even before I met him, but he picked a PVC gutter 10' piece on the side of the road. Today he cut it in half and kept one for him, and gave me one. I slid it in my bumper tube I built last week and it fit perfect. I did drill two small holes on the sides of each end and ran a zip tie through it so it would "catch" anything trying to slide outside of it. The one on the end nearest me had an unintended but nice effect of making a handle of sorts to grab and pull it with too.

I'm thinking I've spent all the time on sewer at this point than I'd like, but I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #26

P.S. I'll be upgrading all my exterior zip ties to UV rated black ones next weekend just to be safe.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #27

Good plan. The white ones become brittle in the sun and could just fall apart.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
Site Team - Lou

Actually, my hose set stays in the bed of the truck with the generator. I have a large plastic milk crate (actually an Aluminum can recycling bin) that is threaded through the generator hold down strap. The hose airs out and drys out while we travel. The spare length is on a carrier I made from a small diameter PVC tube and two end disks made of nylon cutting board circles. One end is held on with an end cap, the other has a hole through it and a safety pin. That is also stored in the truck bed.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
Site Team

I store my sewer hoses in a plastic container in the storage bin. I used to keep it in a double plastic bag without any problem but wanted more protection.

My Rhinoflex hose can fit in the bumper if inserted at the right angle but it's a snug fit. I'm not ready to trust the bumper caps yet to stay in place during travel. I like the way many people here have made a carrier out of fence posts. You should take a peek at pictures when you have a moment.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #30

Nice job! I used 4" abs and capped ends notching out one end for fitting to fit, then placed cap over that end with lag bolt. Also drilled holes on bottom of abs to allow drainage. Looks ok, but yours looks much more professional.