Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #1

Wildwood 26BH Xlite sewer hose storage

Just got my TT and wondering where and how other 26BH owners store their sewer hoses. It does not have a tube bumper since it is the back pack edition.

Thanks
Paul
2012 Wildwood 26BH XLite
20 Nights campled in 2011.
25 Nights Planned for 2012!
pandkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Site Team

if you don't have the typical square bumper, others strap PVC or resin fence posts, with caps, to carry their hose.
you can find pre-made ones at CW but they aren't cheap.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #3

I installed a 8ft piece of 4 inch ABS pipe with caps using large hose clamps. I did have to cut a notch in the end. I also drilled holes along the bottom for drainage. Looks good and very functional. I store 2 10 ft drain hoses in it. Congrats on the new trailer
Joe S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S
I installed a 8ft piece of 4 inch ABS pipe with caps using large hose clamps. I did have to cut a notch in the end. I also drilled holes along the bottom for drainage. Looks good and very functional. I store 2 10 ft drain hoses in it. Congrats on the new trailer
I did this as well. Unfortunately, my Rhinoflex, with the attached end pieces didnt fit. So i ended up using my 4x4 bumper, which fits only at the righ angle...

If your hose has permanent attchments, you may want to consider a fence post or larger PVC. Lowes went from 4"-6" and a huge price difference as well. Fence post should be less expensive

2011 Heritage Glenn 312QBUD
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #5

I store mine in a plastic container and keep it in the small storage compartment. Of course I keep it clean to avoid odors.
Tank Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #6

I know this post is a few months old but I was trying to find pictures of something like this for my project. I just installed mine Saturday, and I took pics to hopefully help you guys out.

Materials List:
I went to Lowes and bought a 96" 4x3/4" post (5" post) of white PVC for fences.
2 Fence Post Caps for that size (should be right there together)
PVC Cement
U-bolt for handle
2' length of nylon rope
Drill bits
4 1"x3/8" bolts, washers, lock washers, nuts.
Zip Ties
Sand Paper

1. I measured and cut the tube to the length of the bumper, leaving about 1" on each side so the fence posts can protrude without hitting the bumper. Use sandpaper to clean up burs on the cut side.

2. Zip tie the tube to the back of the bumper securely.

3. Drill holes from the bumper toward the tube and (2 on each side, about 12 - 16" apart) to hold the bumper in place. Secure with nut head inside the tube and thread going outward through bumper like this:

Bolt -> Washer -> Tube -> Bumper -> Washer -> Lock Washer -> Nut

4. Now bumper should be pretty sturdy. I chose to keep the zip ties in place so I have 2 means of support.

5. Drill small holes every 12" apart or so on the bottom of the tube for drainage.

6. On the end you choose to seal, cement the cap to the post.

7. On the other end, install the U-Bolt to the post cap by drilling through and installing the bar and nut combo inside the cap, making a nice retractable handle for your fingers.

8. On the removable cap, also drill a hole for the rope, and do so also on the tube near the end as well. This will create a tether in case it falls off during travel.

9. I also applied some friction tape to the edges of the cap so that it will hold securely.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...&size=big&cat=

http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...o=919&size=big

http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...=918&nocache=1

By the way, most people will want to install the removable side on the other side, due to where the sewer hookups are. I actually plan on having both sides removable and just decided to complete this side first.

Looking back at the project, I'll probably just swap the two end caps and solve that problem. The only change would be to drill a hole for the rope tether on the other side too.
fajitas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

I love the look, but a warning as well.

Zip Ties degrade in sunlight. They will break while you are traveling and the folks behind you will not be happy. Replace them with screw clamps of the correct size.
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #8

X2 on replacing the zip ties with hose clamps. I have mine stored in the fence post also I will try to get some pics later.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #9

I found a metal clamp at tractor supply that I am trying to figure a clean way to mount. Any pics you can share would be great.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitas21 View Post
I found a metal clamp at tractor supply that I am trying to figure a clean way to mount. Any pics you can share would be great.
This was the type of clamp I was thinking about. That way you can open it, slip it completely around the white plastic and bumper with the screw drive between the bottom of the metal bumper and the bottom of the white plastic post. The clamp could be bent at 90 degrees angles when tight enough to know where they will fall.

Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #11

I wash mine out well and store in a sealed plastic storage bin. I then place that in one of my small storage compartments with gloves, hoses, and other sewer type stuff.
brianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitas21 View Post
Here is the way I did it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose container 002_hf.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	5824

Name:	Sewer Hose container 003_hf.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5825

Name:	Sewer Hose container 004_hf.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	5826

Name:	Sewer Hose container 005_hf.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	5827

Name:	sewer_12_hf.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	5828

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #13

Looks great. Guess I need to make a trip to lowes..
2012 Wildwood 26BH XLite
20 Nights campled in 2011.
25 Nights Planned for 2012!
pandkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte View Post
I did this as well. Unfortunately, my Rhinoflex, with the attached end pieces didnt fit. So i ended up using my 4x4 bumper, which fits only at the righ angle...

If your hose has permanent attchments, you may want to consider a fence post or larger PVC. Lowes went from 4"-6" and a huge price difference as well. Fence post should be less expensive

2011 Heritage Glenn 312QBUD
I also have the Rhinoflex hose but it won't fit inside the bumper either due to the end attachment. It also does not fit inside the tube from CW either. Did you say that Lowes has a 6 in wide post? If so, I will be checking that out.

Currently I'm keeping my sewer hose inside a plastic bag (double) without any problem but summer coming and it could start smelling. My bays has the smallest doors so finding the right size container is still a challenge in this matter. I did find an overpriced container for $17 that is tall enough, long enough and fit through the door. For those using plastic containers - any smelling problems during summer?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #15

The one I used was from home depot and is 5" and the rhinoflex fits with room to spare.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
Old 05-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier

I also have the Rhinoflex hose but it won't fit inside the bumper either due to the end attachment. It also does not fit inside the tube from CW either. Did you say that Lowes has a 6 in wide post? If so, I will be checking that out.

Currently I'm keeping my sewer hose inside a plastic bag (double) without any problem but summer coming and it could start smelling. My bays has the smallest doors so finding the right size container is still a challenge in this matter. I did find an overpriced container for $17 that is tall enough, long enough and fit through the door. For those using plastic containers - any smelling problems during summer?
I ended up taking the 90 degree threaded piece off and i store that in a plastic bag. Hose then fit into my 4" bumper. There are 4 little tabs on the end and those go towards the corners

As for Lowes i was referring to 6" plumbing pipe, but at $30-40 for a 6-8' section i thought it was pricey. I am pretty sure the 6" pipe is heavy duty, so more weight harder to attach.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #17

Thanks for sharing guys! This is really helpful. I like the simplicity of herks suggestion, and the raw power of onetonford.

Decisions, decisions!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
I ended up taking the 90 degree threaded piece off and i store that in a plastic bag. Hose then fit into my 4" bumper. There are 4 little tabs on the end and those go towards the corners.
I hope I'm not highjacking the post but I have the hardest time putting the threaded piece back on. Is there a trick?

I'm going to check on the 5" wide post and see if my neigbhor could help me with it.

In the meantime I still have my overpriced plastic container. I rather keep the sewer hose outside the trailer if possible.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #19

Terier- I assume you also have the Rhino flex? I used it 2-3 times before I realized it even came off :lol

There are 2 male tabs on the hose end that are pushed in and turned clockwise to lock on. To get off turn counter clockwise ( like a 1/4 inch) and pull right out. Hope that helps
Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Terier- I assume you also have the Rhino flex? I used it 2-3 times before I realized it even came off :lol
Quote:

There are 2 male tabs on the hose end that are pushed in and turned clockwise to lock on. To get off turn counter clockwise ( like a 1/4 inch) and pull right out. Hope that helps

Yes to using the Rhino flex. I didn't it came off until I saw another camper remove it before placing the hose in the bumper.

I don't remember seeing any tabs on the hose end so maybe that's my problem. I've been turning the collar piece and sooner or later it comes off and I end up with greasy fingers and a sewer hose to put back together. Hopefully I will be able to check it out this weekend otherwise it will be the following weekend at the CG.

Thanks,
T.