Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Whitehouse, Texas
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
If the White House is a PEX house, then yes.
Usually PEX hoses have printing on them, indicating it is a PEX hose.
Wow, I sure do need to reread my post before pressing the "post button".
Hope you solved your problem.
__________________

__________________
2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
I need to know if a sharkbite will work on the white hose? Bypassing the filter , and on the inlet side I have blue pex on the other side I have a white hose . Will s sharkbite work on the white hose?lAttachment 198707Attachment 198709
If your objective is to bypass the water filter you could use this water heater by-pass kit which would require no additional fittings or modifications:
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-P235...s%2C157&sr=8-5

Here is a (poor quality) pic of my installation:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter By-pass.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	198734  
__________________

__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
On Order: 2020 Cedar Creek 34IK/2019 Ram3500 CID
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
If your objective is to bypass the water filter you could use this water heater by-pass kit which would require no additional fittings or modifications:
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-P235...s%2C157&sr=8-5

Here is a (poor quality) pic of my installation:
How did you unscrew the filter connections without cutting a pipe?
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 375
I wondered the same thing
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 733
Sorry, I failed to study the pics close enough. My filter was plumbed in using 1/2" male connectors so all I had to do was twist them off. In your case, I'd invest in acquiring PEX capability as others have suggested. You can use PEX clamps and compression tool with the RV white tubing and PEX connectors.
__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
On Order: 2020 Cedar Creek 34IK/2019 Ram3500 CID
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Sorry, I failed to study the pics close enough. My filter was plumbed in using 1/2" male connectors so all I had to do was twist them off. In your case, I'd invest in acquiring PEX capability as others have suggested. You can use PEX clamps and compression tool with the RV white tubing and PEX connectors.
Ok thank you
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #17
Dahagen
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cascade Idaho
Posts: 350
I added Sharkbite on/off valves to my toilet line and water pump line a few years ago without a problem. The water pump one was to keep the city water input from backflowing into the fresh water tank. White PEX lines.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
I added Sharkbite on/off valves to my toilet line and water pump line a few years ago without a problem. The water pump one was to keep the city water input from backflowing into the fresh water tank. White PEX lines.
Pictures?
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,480
If you can squish it flat between your fingers... it isn't PEX and do not use PEX type Sharkbite type fittings, then I feel the same about "Sharkbite" type fittings as others do about plugging a tire. With these type fittings is just a matter of time before they leak. YMMV
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #20
Dahagen
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cascade Idaho
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Pictures?
This is it. Both are the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sharkbite.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	198785  
__________________

dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.