Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 375
Will a sharkbite work?

I need to know if a sharkbite will work on the white hose? Bypassing the filter , and on the inlet side I have blue pex on the other side I have a white hose . Will s sharkbite work on the white hose?lClick image for larger version

Name:	20190313_155453.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	198707Click image for larger version

Name:	1552525246407~2.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	198709
__________________

Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Whitehouse, Texas
Posts: 964
If the White House is a PEX house, then yes.
Usually PEX hoses have printing on them, indicating it is a PEX hose.
__________________

__________________
2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 1,313
allot of those flex hoses after different outside diameters.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
I need to know if a sharkbite will work on the white hose? Bypassing the filter , and on the inlet side I have blue pex on the other side I have a white hose . Will s sharkbite work on the white hose?lAttachment 198707Attachment 198709
I had the same setup and was not confident it would work. I cut the right side and unscrewed the left side leaving the threaded connector attached.

I used a sharkbite on the pex side that had a 1/2 screw on connector and a coupler.

Sorry it does not answer your question but does provide a means to an end hopefully.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 733
You might consider using a water heater by pass kit. It fit perfectly on mine
__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
On Order: 2020 Cedar Creek 34IK/2019 Ram3500 CID
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 PM   #6
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,215
You should be able to cut the 1/2” vinyl tubing to allow you to twist off the filter hardware and then use this 1/2” barb splicer and hose clamps to splice the tubing back together.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...0079/300096845

I used a 1/2” PVC union to connect the threaded fittings where the filter hardware was.

Edit: This what it will look like except you have the vinyl tubing on the left (filter outlet line). I had PEX so I used a Sharkbite push-on coupling on the PEX. Sorry the pic turns on its side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFE8DF19-A1F1-448A-8F32-C5D82D275183.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	198714
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,757
That white hose is not pex, it is simply a white braided hose, much like a garden hose material. It has an inner and outer jacket. Sharkbites dont work on them. You can clamp the white braided hose as is shown in itat's picture. Word of caution though...I did that, and when I checked on it the next day there was a huge blister full of water between the inner and outer jacket, so eventually it would have burst. Somehow the inner jacket must have received a puncture in order to form the blister. I ended up pulling it out and simply replumbing with pex. Pex is cheap and most stores sell it in shorter lengths. I bought a 10 ft length and some shark bites and it has been fine for 2 years plus now.
As my RV mobile tech put it....that white braided hose is junk and should never be used. He pulls it out whenever doing plumbing fixes for people.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
You should be able to cut the 1/2” vinyl tubing to allow you to twist off the filter hardware and then use this 1/2” barb splicer and hose clamps to splice the tubing back together.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...0079/300096845

I used a 1/2” PVC union to connect the threaded fittings where the filter hardware was.

Edit: This what it will look like except you have the vinyl tubing on the left (filter outlet line). I had PEX so I used a Sharkbite push-on coupling on the PEX. Sorry the pic turns on its side.

Attachment 198714
Thank you very much . That will work .
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:33 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
That white hose is not pex, it is simply a white braided hose, much like a garden hose material. It has an inner and outer jacket. Sharkbites dont work on them. You can clamp the white braided hose as is shown in itat's picture. Word of caution though...I did that, and when I checked on it the next day there was a huge blister full of water between the inner and outer jacket, so eventually it would have burst. Somehow the inner jacket must have received a puncture in order to form the blister. I ended up pulling it out and simply replumbing with pex. Pex is cheap and most stores sell it in shorter lengths. I bought a 10 ft length and some shark bites and it has been fine for 2 years plus now.
As my RV mobile tech put it....that white braided hose is junk and should never be used. He pulls it out whenever doing plumbing fixes for people.
If I switch to pex, I will need to purchase a crimping tool . I have no idea what that will cost. But thanks
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:56 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
If I switch to pex, I will need to purchase a crimping tool . I have no idea what that will cost. But thanks
$25.58

Bob



https://www.amazon.com/Jinwen-120017.../dp/B074K6R4D2
__________________

HappyTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.