Old 03-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #11

If you know an electrician call and see if he has a fox and hound, that way you can attach it and follow the wire.

On the hunt for a new travel trailer
wvsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoonut View Post
that is wire used for a/c. check at fuse panel for a/c breaker. it is likely already hooked up. the fans are 12volt are they not??? that wire is for 120 volt.
not sure about your coach
but all my 12 volts wires are heavy like that one and either red and white or yellow and white

all our 120 stuff is sheathed in romex covering

i know it looks heavy gauge for 12 volts... but 12 volts requires more amps than 120 and subsequent voltage loss over a set distance, this is why most 12 volt lines are a heavy gauge

hope it helps

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #13

our dealer finally gave us Forest river's phone number. A guy called back last night and he has to get with the electrical tech guys today and call us back.

Donna
2008 31' Sunseeker
mrsautox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #14

THe forest river guy finally called us back. The pink and white wire runs behing the fridge and needs to be connected to the same circuit ast the fan in the bathroom.

I will let you know if he is correct.

Donna
2008 31' Sunseeker
mrsautox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #15

I have a 2005 RK28 Wildcat, I want to do this same thing. I have not looked at it yet but would love to hear back about your progress on this. Also, could I get forest river contacted number, mybe they can help me. Anyone with any pictures or more info, it would be much appreciated since I'm not an electrician and have limit idea of what I'm doing. I called for service (I'm at a seasonal site, and don't want to take it in for service) but pretty much can't find anyone willing to come out. So if anyone knows of a great company that will do a service call on this near West Bend, WI PLEASE let me know.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 AM   #16

Don't try and pull this wire as it is most likely stapled through out the structure. Instead you can remove it (the wiring) from your 120 volt panel and reroute wiring to the 12volt side of things. Another option and I don't know if this is available is 120 fan instead of the 12 volt. Make sure you use the proper size breaker for 120 volt fan. If it is oversized it will be a fire hazard. Oversize breakers will not trip as required and will burn up wiring. If you reroute (12 volt) the wiring use a 10 gauge wire. There should be spare spots on the 12 volt side for fuses/breakers. If not attach the pink wire to the hot side and the white to ground and add an inline fuse sized for the fan motor.

Tags
fan