Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Exclamation Wobbly Dinette Table Legs

We have a 2010 Rockwood 2604SS Travel Trailer. It was delivered to us with a dinette table that has folding metal legs that are to say the least lousy. And when in use the table is crazy wobbly. The folding brackets bend very easily when you set up the table. After trying to straighten them out a couple of times I find that now they don't want to lock properly. The detents in the brackets will no longer engage the slots to hold it in the locked position. I've called the factory and I asked about a different method of using the table. I still want to be able to convert the dinette to a bed, so I still need to be able to lower the table in between the two seats to convert it into a bed. I had an older travel trailer that used a combination of the pedestal and base socket system and a wall mounted swing type bracket at one end to stabilize it. I was wondering if anyone has converted a table like this to the pedestal and base mount system only and if so how stable is the table? I want to use one center pedestal with mounts on the floor and under the table. I have three problems in that I need to reinforce the bottom of the table to install the mount there and secondly since the dinette is in the slideout I have to reinforce the floor (which is carpeted) for the install of the bottom mount and make sure that no fasteners(screws) go thru the bottom of the slideout floor or it will destroy the carpet and the vinyl under the slideout floor or worse yet hinder the operation of the slideout. Thirdly I can't use the swing type stabilizing wall mounted bracket because the window in the dinette is very large and there is not enough wall space below it to mount this type of bracket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Double post. Click link below to reply.

Wobbly Dinette Table Legs

Closed Thread