Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #1

Wolf Pack Thermostat replacement

Our 2018 Wolf Pack TH 23pack16 came with Dometic standard CT thermostat model #3313192.019 that is digital with touch controls and we would like to get rid of this one and switch to a more manual thermostat like Dometic D3106995.032 but I have read the D3106995 is not a replacement for the digital touch thermostat.

Does anyone know of a more manual replacement ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thermo D3106965.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	185700  
Attached Images

Big Dog Jum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #2

Most are not interchangeable, but the one you are trying to replace is really not a bad stat and more accurate. The problem with your stat the most and biggest complaint is it's unresponsive. All that is needed is a new face for it. What happens is the foam behind the face becomes depressed and will not push on the base plate buttons. Just change the face plate, if you snap it off you will see the 3 areas that push the buttons. I would guess that is your complaint, if not disregard this answer...with the new face plate it's very responsive with only a lite touch, a 7.95 repair

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Most are not interchangeable, but the one you are trying to replace is really not a bad stat and more accurate. The problem with your stat the most and biggest complaint is it's unresponsive. All that is needed is a new face for it. What happens is the foam behind the face becomes depressed and will not push on the base plate buttons. Just change the face plate, if you snap it off you will see the 3 areas that push the buttons. I would guess that is your complaint, if not disregard this answer...with the new face plate it's very responsive with only a lite touch, a 7.95 repair
I agree with the OP wanting to change it out. The touch stat is garbage. Ours is mounted in the stairs to the front bedroom and if you pass gas when walking by it will change mode/temp/units of measurement. Other times it wont do anything without taking the face off and putting it back on, which likes to mess with everything as you put it back on. Dometic really messed up with this one. I am interested in seeing what can be done to change it.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #4

I thought the same thing until I changed the face plate, been doing HVAC repair for over 25 years, after doing that I never had another problem, mine did the same as yours caused by me pushing to hard. I will admit that, it's really not that bad, and as I said there is no replacement per Dometic, there funny that way, good luck in your search...

Old 09-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Site Team

The issue with replacing it, is that those thermostats use digital communications. They only use three wires to the control box, so a standard switching thermostat won't work.

If you're serious enough and really really want to change it, there is a way. You'll need to change the control box in the A/C AND you'll need to run extra wires from the control box to the thermostat location. Most of the time, running the thermostat wires is the biggest challenge, as they don't route them most of the time where you can just pull new wiring.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #6

[Witch doctor. Where do you get the replacement face plates from. Thankyou

QUOTE=Witch Doctor;1921921]Most are not interchangeable, but the one you are trying to replace is really not a bad stat and more accurate. The problem with your stat the most and biggest complaint is it's unresponsive. All that is needed is a new face for it. What happens is the foam behind the face becomes depressed and will not push on the base plate buttons. Just change the face plate, if you snap it off you will see the 3 areas that push the buttons. I would guess that is your complaint, if not disregard this answer...with the new face plate it's very responsive with only a lite touch, a 7.95 repair[/QUOTE]
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau4u View Post
[Witch doctor. Where do you get the replacement face plates from. Thankyou

QUOTE=Witch Doctor;1921921]Most are not interchangeable, but the one you are trying to replace is really not a bad stat and more accurate. The problem with your stat the most and biggest complaint is it's unresponsive. All that is needed is a new face for it. What happens is the foam behind the face becomes depressed and will not push on the base plate buttons. Just change the face plate, if you snap it off you will see the 3 areas that push the buttons. I would guess that is your complaint, if not disregard this answer...with the new face plate it's very responsive with only a lite touch, a 7.95 repair
[/QUOTE]I got them from Coachmen, Dometic sent them a bunch, being it such a common problem, you might be able to repair yours, it's only foam to soften the pressure on the switch. Pull it off you will see what I'm talking about. I guess you can also call Dometic. If you can't find it, just add foam, something like Styrofoam. It's not very high tech really a joke.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #8

Oh yes, it should be level to the top of the tube.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #9

I also guess you could fill it with silicone and let it dry before you reinstall, I think that should work.

Tags
replacement, thermostat, wolf pack