Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by josheaton View Post
Good stuff! That's a lot of driving!
300 enjoyable miles/day.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #42

Y’all probably know that my guest proof Wolf Pup is not my only passion. My other camper is a boat – a trailerable houseboat we call Big Duck. We use the duck when we have guests camping (the boat sleeps 7) or when we want to camp/play on the water.

Here we booked a campground in Charleston SC without having any thoughts about putting the boat in the water.

One More Time Around: James Island - Charleston SC

I keep an eye out for when these jems come on the market because folks who see mine ask if there are any available. There were only 251 made back in 1972-3 so it’s pretty rare to find one for sale, but occasionally they do turn up. Here’s a story about helping ‘rescue’ one for a friend.

One More Time Around: Land and Sea Rescue

The asking price for these camper/boats is usually between 5 and 10K. I paid 11k for mine but it was in the water and had a road ready trailer. If you’re not handy and looking for a project, these boats are not for you. The ‘rescue’ sold for 4K but needed another thousand in tires to get it home. I’d guess it will take about 5K more to get all the systems reliably workable and that doesn’t include labor. Cosmetics could add another 5K not including labor. So you see, these boats are a labor of love, but they can provide adventures of a lifetime if you're so inclined!

One More Time Around: Houseboat - 2,000 Miles to Lake Powell

One More Time Around: Big Duck Goes Back to Lake Powell 2015

One More Time Around: Lake Hartwell - June 2016
Old 08-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #43

Jeff, you are a man among men. I read your blog post about helping your friend out with that other L&S the other day. Thats an impressive amount of work for a guy of your age. Congrats!
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:21 AM   #44

Thanks. It only took me 3 days to recover.☺
Old 10-13-2017, 12:26 AM   #45

Just wanted to say Please keep on posting! My husband and I are newbies. You have great ideas and are an inspiration to me. I hope to acquire the knowledge and sheer guts you display. Thank you!
VBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #46
Haulin' Toys

I love what you have done with your camper. You've given me several ideas for my own. Please keep the posts coming!

Tim
iflyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #47

My daughter/son-in-law are buying a new travel trailer big enough for their two kids. They’ve invited me to be a partner so I'll be selling this Wolf Pup as soon as I get the title in hand...just closed out the loan so it will likely be a few weeks. It's a 2017 but it's been around the block a few times.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #48

Hey! Just found this thread. We have a 2017 16FQ and will start posting some of my mods.
txhomebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #49

OK - couldn't let the Pup go. Looking for a Ford Flex (wife likes the old station wagon look) for our next cross country.

With the generator on the back Pup bumper, I thought it more convenient to have the power receptacle on the back of the Pup.
Pics to come.

Tags
cat, modifications, wolf pup