Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #21

Fireplace is a nice idea, but our trailer isn't big enough. We don't have slideouts. The only place I could even think of where one coulde go would under the stove top where the actual STOVE would go had we opted for that extra.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
Cheap heat????? Wholly cow $880 plus 5hr install. I must be missing something. How is that cheap? You can buy about 50 bottles of propane for that. About 15 yr supply of propane. TT will be worth less than cheap heat system then, possibly use on my boat as an anchor.
I guess you didn't read my follow-up post to OP's response.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #23

Yup, sure did, nothing to do with you. Just adding my 2 cents with you. I was intrigued by it's reference to "cheap". I will try not agree with you in the future ;-)
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I honestly don't like using the Gas Furnace we have in our Puma 23FB. Actually I don't like using Gas anything but the stove. Would be cool to remove GAS furnace and put something Electric in that could still connect to the floor ducts. Anything like this out there?
we installed one of these in our ac unit that turns it into a decent electric heater. couldn't be any simpler to install. it's not as warm of heat as the propane, but does the job. just takes longer to get to the temp you want. I figured it was cheap enough there was nothing to loose, and would be better to use the park electricity than propane.

Coleman 9233-4551 67306 Air Conditioner Accessory Electric Heat Kit Trailer Camper RV
brianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #25

I just did a little checking and found out this heating element just plugs into a plug inside the Coleman 15,000 BTU AC. Thanks for the idea.
Element

I just found the installation for it on page 8 and 9 how to do it. If anyone wants the pdf document just email me. It looks like you just attach it in front of the AC coil and just plug in. The Thermostat controls are a little tricky but a easy MOD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page8.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	9240   Click image for larger version

Name:	page9.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	9241  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
This is what I did for $25
How deep is that fireplace?
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #27

We use a small oil filled heater and just keep the ac fan on to circulate. Works good and safe around the kids....

Daniel
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87CrewDually View Post
How deep is that fireplace?

Can't remember the exact dimensions, but I'm guessing 6-8".
The height was an exact fit for the space somewher around 22-24". The fit is snug from top to bottom. I have no fasteners to keep in in place. The width allowed me enough space toaccess the video and cable outlets as well as the electrical outlet.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #29

hello every one.
i was wondering if anyone knows about installing an on demand water heater? i know they have them in houses and the little 6 gallon water heater in my trailer doesnt seem to be enough. just an idea i wanted to bounce a out the experienced campers. looking forward to hearing from you guys
snwmblefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #30

Check out RV on demand water heaters. They now come in a size that will replace your 6 gal. heater.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwmblefreak View Post
hello every one.
i was wondering if anyone knows about installing an on demand water heater? i know they have them in houses and the little 6 gallon water heater in my trailer doesnt seem to be enough. just an idea i wanted to bounce a out the experienced campers. looking forward to hearing from you guys
On_Demand water heaters are tankless and use a large amount of gas/heat in a short period of time. They need a much larger gas line in the homes. Great for homes but I have not seen them in trailers yet that I know of.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #32

I turn gas and elect on when needed. and it works pretty good and keeps up better
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 AM   #33
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Tankless Water Heaters for RVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwmblefreak View Post
hello every one.
Take a look here for more information -- this tankless water heater is being used in RVs today:
Girard Tankless RV Water Heater
The RV Industry’s First On-Demand Induced Draft LP Gas Tankless Water Heater!

Model GSWH1 (Patent Pending)
• Instant hot water • Unlimited Hot Water • No Recovery necessary • No Old Fashion Storage Tank • Energy Efficient-Dual BTU Burner • Environmentally Friendly
Girard Water Heater - Girard Products, LLC | Tankless RV Water Heater | On Demand RV Water Heaters | Endless Hot Water RV | Instant Flow RV Water Heaters | LP Gas Tankless RV Water Heater | Induced Draft Tankless Water Heater

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Thanks for input guys. My wife is just super paranoid about propane. She's even nervous using Water heater. So I was trying to make her more at ease with electric heater.
So is she super paranoid about natural gas in your house, or do you operate with 100% electricity at home?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
So is she super paranoid about natural gas in your house, or do you operate with 100% electricity at home?
We use 100% electric which I hate actually lol. Give me a GAS stove anyday!!

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Take a look here for more information -- this tankless water heater is being used in RVs today:
Girard Tankless RV Water Heater
The RV Industry’s First On-Demand Induced Draft LP Gas Tankless Water Heater!

Model GSWH1 (Patent Pending)
• Instant hot water • Unlimited Hot Water • No Recovery necessary • No Old Fashion Storage Tank • Energy Efficient-Dual BTU Burner • Environmentally Friendly
Girard Water Heater - Girard Products, LLC | Tankless RV Water Heater | On Demand RV Water Heaters | Endless Hot Water RV | Instant Flow RV Water Heaters | LP Gas Tankless RV Water Heater | Induced Draft Tankless Water Heater

Unit Costs $750 and that is not installed.
That sure would buy lots of propane.
I just both electric and gas and works well for my DW and I.
Personally I try and use electric as I'm paying for it already at the campground. I leave just the electric on and if we plan back to back showers I kick on the gas for quick recovery.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #37

When using an on demand WH you do not turn on the cold water but use the flow of the how water to adjust water temp. I woulds not recommend using an on demand heater unless you are at a site with full services. If you are dry camping you will go through a tank of fresh water in no time and have a full gray water tank.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #38
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I just wish the gas furnaces were more energy efficient! i have the suburban p-40 and it is apparently used in mobile homes to. I swear if the ducts were larger in diameter and there was a couple more vents that it would heat the trailer easier in less time and use less gas.

I did try to get mine converted over to natural gas (on a permanent lot) but nobody will touch it without $2000 deposit down before they will even book the service call...