Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwmblefreak View Post
hello every one.
i was wondering if anyone knows about installing an on demand water heater? i know they have them in houses and the little 6 gallon water heater in my trailer doesnt seem to be enough. just an idea i wanted to bounce a out the experienced campers. looking forward to hearing from you guys
On_Demand water heaters are tankless and use a large amount of gas/heat in a short period of time. They need a much larger gas line in the homes. Great for homes but I have not seen them in trailers yet that I know of.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ennis TX
Posts: 245
I turn gas and elect on when needed. and it works pretty good and keeps up better
__________________

__________________
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 AM   #33
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Thumbs up Tankless Water Heaters for RVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwmblefreak View Post
hello every one.
i was wondering if anyone knows about installing an on demand water heater? i know they have them in houses and the little 6 gallon water heater in my trailer doesnt seem to be enough. just an idea i wanted to bounce a out the experienced campers. looking forward to hearing from you guys
Take a look here for more information -- this tankless water heater is being used in RVs today:
Girard Tankless RV Water Heater
The RV Industry’s First On-Demand Induced Draft LP Gas Tankless Water Heater!

Model GSWH1 (Patent Pending)
• Instant hot water • Unlimited Hot Water • No Recovery necessary • No Old Fashion Storage Tank • Energy Efficient-Dual BTU Burner • Environmentally Friendly
Girard Water Heater - Girard Products, LLC | Tankless RV Water Heater | On Demand RV Water Heaters | Endless Hot Water RV | Instant Flow RV Water Heaters | LP Gas Tankless RV Water Heater | Induced Draft Tankless Water Heater

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Thanks for input guys. My wife is just super paranoid about propane. She's even nervous using Water heater. So I was trying to make her more at ease with electric heater.
So is she super paranoid about natural gas in your house, or do you operate with 100% electricity at home?
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
RubenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rio Grande Valley Texas
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
So is she super paranoid about natural gas in your house, or do you operate with 100% electricity at home?
We use 100% electric which I hate actually lol. Give me a GAS stove anyday!!
__________________
__________________________________

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Take a look here for more information -- this tankless water heater is being used in RVs today:
Girard Tankless RV Water Heater
The RV Industry’s First On-Demand Induced Draft LP Gas Tankless Water Heater!

Model GSWH1 (Patent Pending)
• Instant hot water • Unlimited Hot Water • No Recovery necessary • No Old Fashion Storage Tank • Energy Efficient-Dual BTU Burner • Environmentally Friendly
Girard Water Heater - Girard Products, LLC | Tankless RV Water Heater | On Demand RV Water Heaters | Endless Hot Water RV | Instant Flow RV Water Heaters | LP Gas Tankless RV Water Heater | Induced Draft Tankless Water Heater



Unit Costs $750 and that is not installed.
That sure would buy lots of propane.
I just both electric and gas and works well for my DW and I.
Personally I try and use electric as I'm paying for it already at the campground. I leave just the electric on and if we plan back to back showers I kick on the gas for quick recovery.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,973
When using an on demand WH you do not turn on the cold water but use the flow of the how water to adjust water temp. I woulds not recommend using an on demand heater unless you are at a site with full services. If you are dry camping you will go through a tank of fresh water in no time and have a full gray water tank.
__________________
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #38
Villa Estate 392FLFB
 
The_Stuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,085
I just wish the gas furnaces were more energy efficient! i have the suburban p-40 and it is apparently used in mobile homes to. I swear if the ducts were larger in diameter and there was a couple more vents that it would heat the trailer easier in less time and use less gas.

I did try to get mine converted over to natural gas (on a permanent lot) but nobody will touch it without $2000 deposit down before they will even book the service call...
__________________

__________________
One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.