Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #1

A.a.a.d.d.- know the symptom!

A.A.A.D.D.- KNOW THE SYMPTOM!

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first...
But then I think, Since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.
My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Dr Pepper I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Dr Pepper aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Dr Pepper is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Dr Pepper, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Dr Pepper on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Dr Pepper sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
MI Camperz

Absolutely Awesome! I implore you to submit this to reader's digest, newspapers, etc. This is absolutely a piece of hilarious, true-story art.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #3

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Absolutely Awesome! I implore you to submit this to reader's digest, newspapers, etc. This is absolutely a piece of hilarious, true-story art.
I wish I could take credit for it but all I did was copy and paste!

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
MI Camperz

Thanks for sharing! I referred to it today after spending an hour or more combing the neighborhood for my puppy. Panic and grief-stricken after I couldn't find her, I went in the house to start making phone calls, post on Craigslist, etc. There she was, greeting me in her usual rambunctious way!
There's your sign!