Old 10-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
A simple misunderstanding

I read the following article in a newspaper somewhere along the line about 20 years ago and thought you might like it. I'm recasting it from memory so it may not be exactly the same.

A little old frail lady with major human sensibilities wanted to know if the bathroom commode at a campground she planned to visit would be close to her campsite. So she wrote a letter to the owner but abbreviated bathroom commode 'BC' thinking he would know this meant bathroom commode. She wrote, "Dear sir, I was wondering if my campsite will be close to the BC?" He in turn, being a religious man, assumed BC meant Baptist Church so he responded in this fashion, "Dear madam, I am happy to report that the BC is only 5 miles from your campsite which should afford you plenty of leeway to make it in time. We are extremely proud of our BC and most of us from our campsite try to go together. We have parties, sing songs and try to encourage one another. We feel this is a place we can really get to know you. When things get bad we will light a candle for you. I have to admit that as I get older I find myself going more often than in my younger days and it causes me great pain when I can't go. If you can't go for any reason we have ways to help. People feel so much better after they have come to our BC and always have a big smile on their face as they exit. We will be there to shake your hand, take your picture and even give you a small present as a memento of this special time in all our lives. We realize our BC is no better than anyone else's but we feel the openness we have as we share together makes our experience special. We do so hope you will go with us as we look forward with great relish to going with new people. Some BCs celebrate the great Passover but in our community we realize this is more of a pass through experience as each new visitor does it an entirely different way. We hope to make your BC visit a smooth and easy experience so please give us a try!"

Well the little old lady was shocked and never ever visited that campsite.

Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
Director, FROG
Other than changing BC to WC (Wayside Chapel / Water Closet), this is the joke that got Jack Paar kicked off of network TV many years ago and paved the way for a kid named Johnny Carson to get a shot on The Tonight Show.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
That's is SO funny...bless her heart! :-)
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
Fascinating Bob. Jack Paar?? You're probably the only person on this forum as old as me.
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
I remember that also....Jack was the best of them all...
2013 Dodge 2500 6.7 CTD
2014 Columbus 340RK
Richard Bong State Recreation area October 14-16
Site 225
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
How thing have changed if a little potty humor could get you kicked off late night TV.

2011 PrimeTime Tracer 2600rls
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500, 6.0L 4.10:1 axle ratio
Nights camping 2014 - 17
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote