Old 10-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
Trailer is moved, but I managed a few more stupid human tricks yesterday.

After I pulled out in the street, wife says Antenna is still up! I said thanks (instead of saying that your constant questions and chatter have me a nervous wreck so it's no wonder that I forgot it).

Sigh...this is how we drove off and left behind our $100.00 outside step in a campground back east. Two states later that day when I went to get it out for setting up camp...oh well, he can't help it. Patience.

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 10-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #12

Note to self... Put the actual address of the campground you are going to, not the name of the park. DW and I went to William Bankhead National forest. That's what she entered in the map app. Following the directions, listening to the iPhone every word, turn down that road and finally hear "her" say You have reached your destination, park and continue walking to your final destination. DW AND I looking at each other surprised and wondering why the dirt road we are parked AT AIN'T right!!!! I have no idea why we had not noticed that there were not any signs for the campground or National forest signs either.... Luckily we still had cell signal and could google the campground address and drive 30 minutes to our ACTUAL destination. Campground!!! Gotta love technology !!!!!

Old 10-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #13

And always remember....when unhitching at the campground, never put anything you will later need to get going to the next campground..... ON THE BUMPER!
Please don't ask me how I know that little chestnut of wisdom.

Geeez.
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joforbess View Post
Note to self... Put the actual address of the campground you are going to, not the name of the park. DW and I went to William Bankhead National forest. That's what she entered in the map app. Following the directions, listening to the iPhone every word, turn down that road and finally hear "her" say You have reached your destination, park and continue walking to your final destination. DW AND I looking at each other surprised and wondering why the dirt road we are parked AT AIN'T right!!!! I have no idea why we had not noticed that there were not any signs for the campground or National forest signs either.... Luckily we still had cell signal and could google the campground address and drive 30 minutes to our ACTUAL destination. Campground!!! Gotta love technology !!!!!

Sigh, I've done something very similar. Luckily I had the smaller Roo. Took me to the back end of Turkey Run State Park. Felt like we ended up on some maintenance roads. Something I would have never taken my camper down otherwise.

Needless to say I drove an extra 10 mi or so all the way around the park back to the main entrance

-- 2005 Ford F150 FTX with Roush SuperCharger
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote