Old 10-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #1

Almost A Dummy

We're driving 130 miles today to move the windjammer to another campground closer to my next job.

I loaded up every tool I could ever need, an air compressor, extra sewer hose, extra power cord, impact wrench, a whole lot of stuff I probably won't need.

I say to myself "well that's enough, shouldn't need anything else". Lock the truck tailgate and start to go in and get my wife.

Then almost trip over the windjammer hitch laying in the floor of the shop.

Yep, I might need that.

The day is still young though, I have lots of time to do other stupid things.

KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #2

Never 130 miles, but more than once I drove to the storage lot to bring the camper home and found that I left the hitch at home.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #3

Almost a dummy

Kingfisher, I take the battery out of my unit when it is in winter storage, and I have gone back to the storage yard to get my trailer and, after I got there, remembered the battery that is still back home!

kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #4

they say it happens with age, but in reality it happens a any age.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
Site Team

Keys....... nobody's mentioned keys.

I locked my keys in my trailer one time (didn't know you could do that, but I did). Drove thirty miles back to the house to get my spare set, but couldn't find them. After a lot of searching, the spares were in my trucks center console the whole time.

I just threw some salt over my shoulder for good luck. Ended up smashing a mirror with the salt shaker.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #6

Trailer is moved, but I managed a few more stupid human tricks yesterday.

After I pulled out in the street, wife says Antenna is still up! I said thanks (instead of saying that your constant questions and chatter have me a nervous wreck so it's no wonder that I forgot it).

Back jacks wouldn't go up so I had to empty the storage out to get to the handle. Since I'd never put them up or down manually before I stuck the handle in and started cranking. I noticed nothing was happening so I looked underneath at the jacks and saw there was no way that where I was cranking would influence the jacks in any way. Then walked around the trailer and noticed I'd cranked the slide out about a foot.

When I cranked the jacks correctly the electric motor started to work again, I guess my motor is weak. Neighbor pushed the button while I was cranking and I almost ate the jack handle.

I'm not used to the small outside storage on the Windjammer, I actually unloaded the storage compartment 3 times and loaded it up again 3 times to get stuff I needed to hook up and leave.

No major dummy tricks on the unhooking portion of the day although I did forget that my sewer hose runs under the slide so I already had the slide out and had to crawl under it to run the hose and the supports.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
Trailer is moved, but I managed a few more stupid human tricks yesterday.

After I pulled out in the street, wife says Antenna is still up! I said thanks (instead of saying that your constant questions and chatter have me a nervous wreck so it's no wonder that I forgot it).

Back jacks wouldn't go up so I had to empty the storage out to get to the handle. Since I'd never put them up or down manually before I stuck the handle in and started cranking. I noticed nothing was happening so I looked underneath at the jacks and saw there was no way that where I was cranking would influence the jacks in any way. Then walked around the trailer and noticed I'd cranked the slide out about a foot.

When I cranked the jacks correctly the electric motor started to work again, I guess my motor is weak. Neighbor pushed the button while I was cranking and I almost ate the jack handle.

I'm not used to the small outside storage on the Windjammer, I actually unloaded the storage compartment 3 times and loaded it up again 3 times to get stuff I needed to hook up and leave.

No major dummy tricks on the unhooking portion of the day although I did forget that my sewer hose runs under the slide so I already had the slide out and had to crawl under it to run the hose and the supports.
I would NOT laugh at you, but this is funny!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #8
Site Team

Thanks for the good laugh this morning. Helped me forget the scrape on my shin from falling up the stairs in the fifth wheel last night. Yes. I fell Up the steps.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #9

Sometimes I put the MiFi Jetpack on the top edge of the slideout, inside the trailer. Couple of weeks ago, got to our next campsite, looked all over but couldn't find the jetpack. Thought oh crap maybe I left it on top of the slide out so moved the slideout a couple of inches inward and checked the opening and thought no way the MiFi could fit through there so didn't bother to climb on the roof to look. Assumed I lost it and got another sent out, had to wait a few extra days at the campsite for it to come in. Jump forward a few days and climb on the roof to clear stuff off the top of the slide to prepare to close it, yep, there it was, the MiFi was sitting in the rubber seal, DOH! Of course it rained so the MiFi got wet. It is sitting in a bag of rice right now.
2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Sometimes I put the MiFi Jetpack on the top edge of the slideout, inside the trailer. Couple of weeks ago, got to our next campsite, looked all over but couldn't find the jetpack. Thought oh crap maybe I left it on top of the slide out so moved the slideout a couple of inches inward and checked the opening and thought no way the MiFi could fit through there so didn't bother to climb on the roof to look. Assumed I lost it and got another sent out, had to wait a few extra days at the campsite for it to come in. Jump forward a few days and climb on the roof to clear stuff off the top of the slide to prepare to close it, yep, there it was, the MiFi was sitting in the rubber seal, DOH! Of course it rained so the MiFi got wet. It is sitting in a bag of rice right now.

Sticky-back Velcro. Hang it on the wall *above* the slide.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote