Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Site Team

Cajun jokes

It's all in the accent

Boudreaux went to New York after Hurricane Katrina to apply for a job at a construction site. The foreman saw him approaching and thought to himself - Oh no, another one of those Louisiana cajuns looking for a job. I got to get rid of him but don't want to make him mad, as big as he is.

Boudreaux approaches the foreman and ask if he would hire him. The foreman told him that they only hired smart people who could work by themselves and not need constant supervision. Boudreaux told him that he was smart and he could give him a test to see just how smart he was. The foreman thought about it for a minute, and handed Boudreaux a piece of paper and pen (this is the part where I always start drawing it out on a piece of paper when telling the joke).

He then tells Boudreaux that he wants him to draw a graphical representation of the number nine, but can't use any numbers or letters. He just wants to look at it and be able to see nine.

Boudreaux says, "Dat's easy" and proceeds to draw three trees. The boss says, "What in the world is that? How do you figure that is nine?"

Boudreaux says, "Those are trees, an everyone knows tree 'n tree 'n tree makes nine."

"Ahh, the Louisiana accent there. You got me on that one. I do see it now." says the boss.

"OK, Let see if you can take that same picture and turn it into 99". The foreman just knew he had ole Boudreaux this time.

Boudreaux stares into space for a while, then draws several dots on each tree. "Der ya go sir," he says.

The boss scratches his head and asks, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99? I worked with you on the nine thing, but there is no way that is ninety nine."

Boudreaux answers, "During the hurricane, it kicked up a bunch of dust, so each tree is dirty now. Everyone knows that dirty tree 'n dirty tree 'n dirty tree - dat be 99."

"Oh the accent thing there again. I understand and see it now" The foreman is really getting worried he's going to have to hire Boudreaux so he says, "All right, last question. You take that same picture and turn it into 100 even and I'll hire you."

Boudreaux stares into space again, then he starts drawing. He makes one little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Der ya go sir - 100 even."

The boss looks at Boudreaux's attempt and thinks, "Ha! I got him this time." He then tells Boudreaux, "Go on, Boudreaux, you must be crazy if you think that represents a 100. I really worked with you on the other two, but there is no way you can draw three marks and get 100 from that. What are those marks supposed to be anyway?"

Boudreaux leans forward and points to the little marks at the tree bases and says, "Well, after the hurricane was over and all dat water went down, a little doggie comes along and uses the bathroom by each tree. And everyone knows that dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd, and dirty tree an' a turd, dat make 100. When do I start my job?"

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Site Team

Teenome and Boudreaux were at a New Years Eve party in a Lafayette hotel. The next thing Teenome knows he wakes up in the hospital in traction, both arms broken and in a full body cast and Boudreaux sitting beside the bed with a worried look.

He asked Boudreaux what happened.

Boudreaux says, "Well, you got to drinking pretty good, You bet everybody you could jump out that third story window, fly around the building, and come back in the same window."

Teenome said, "Hot dang man, why you let me do something like that?"

Boudreaux's reply, "I had to man, I had my money on you!"

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Team

The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy, Boudreaux, who was unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch.

The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don't you see that sign right over your head.

"Mais Yah. That's why ah'm dumpin' it here, 'cause de sign say : 'Fine For Dumping Garbage.' "

Old 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Site Team

Ahhh, famous last thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	427764_167748466677736_104084839710766_235892_1972566490_n.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	10954