Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Those are classic!

I have a tool & die business that has a phone number similar to a local drug store. I can't tell you how many times I've had elderly people call and AFTER I answer the phone, announcing the name of my company, they proceed to tell me about their medial conditions or need for prescriptions. Most, I promptly stop and tell them they have the wrong number, they apologize, and we hang up. One such woman would have nothing of the sort. She called back, I told her she had wrong number and hung up phone. She called back and I told her again, "mam, you have the wrong number, this is NOT the (drug store)", and I hung up. You guess it, she called back. This time she is furious as to why I keep hanging up on her, I repeated myself again. She then asked what I was going to do about her prescription. Having had enough of my time wasted, I told her "they would be waiting for her at the counter". She thanked me and said "there, was that so hard?". I said, "no it wasn't. Have a nice day".
Hey, I think she called me too! Our phone conversation went like this:

Caller: I need 4 used tires, size 195/70/14

Me: I don't have any used tires that size, just new ones.

Caller: How much are they?

I give her a price on the new ones

Caller: How much are the used ones?

Me after a pause: Maam, we don't have any used ones that size, just the new ones I quoted you.

Caller: Oh OK, how much were the new ones again

I give her the price again

Caller: And how much were the used ones?

Me, after a longer pause and deep breaths: Maam, We.....don't......have......any......used......tir es......that.....size.

Caller: Oh, thank you......And hangs up

It has to be all these meds, doctors are putting everybody on.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
My wife owns a small gift shop with lots of cute items, and people are FOREVER asking her "Where do you get your merchandise?"

Her standard reply has never failed to shut them up...immediately.

She simply says "From the UPS man."

- - - - - - - - - -

This one is pretty unbelievable, and I might not have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it. Imagine - August in North Texas, outdoor temperature about 105, when this man comes into my wife's shop and says, "Could we bring our dog in here - we've got a cage for him, but didn't want to leave him in the heat while we shopped around at some of the neighboring stores."

She declined to "dog-sit" - and later looked outside to see the hatchback of a car wide open...dog in a cage...ALONE. She watched for 5 minutes and just before she called the police, the idiot owner came back and closed up the car...got in and drove off.

- - - - - - - - -

From the "duh...what were you thinking" category - again, she has cute little gift items, home decorative "stuff", etc.

A lady walks in and is handling one thing after another and turns to my wife and says "Did somebody make this?"

When my wife told me, I suggested that if anybody ever asked that stupid question she should reply "no, I hatch them from eggs" or "no, we grow them in a garden."

Oh - the hilarity of humans.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #13

When I worked as a X Ray tech, I gave a pateint a gown. I instructed her to remove all her clothes and and put the gown on. I waited a few minutes and when I entered the room, there she was, start naked with the gown neatly folded "on" her head.

and there's many more.....
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown
When I worked as a X Ray tech, I gave a pateint a gown. I instructed her to remove all her clothes and and put the gown on. I waited a few minutes and when I entered the room, there she was, start naked with the gown neatly folded "on" her head.

and there's many more.....
No pics ?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
No pics ?

As a matter of fact,,,, just for you Turbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x-ray20.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	19488  
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown

As a matter of fact,,,, just for you Turbs
Lmfao !
Um did you take that from your camper door ?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #17

How long did it take for you to notice a gown on her head?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Lmfao !
Um did you take that from your camper door ?
And, we have a winner!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'm in the HVAC field and do residential system replacements. We received a job package on a Thursday afternoon at 2:00. Marked No Heat-Elderly-Medical Emergency so we called and no one answered, could not leave a message due to no answering machine. Temps outside were in the mid thirties during the day, lower twenties at night. We tried from 2 until 5:30 to reach this customer, calling about every 10 minutes. Friday we started at 8:00 AM and called until 5:30 PM and still no answer. Our plan was to do the install on Saturday to get her heat back up and running. Monday morning starting again at 8:00 AM we called. Finally at 2:30 she calls in and complains no one has called her. I explained we started calling at 2:00 on Thursday and all day riday and most of the day Monday, couldn't leave a message due to no answering machine. Her reply was "Well I wasn't going to sit around here all day waiting for you to call" ??????? How do we reach you then??
Offered to do the install the next morning, she said no she has a hair appointment she can't cancel. Then offered Wednesday morning, no have a doctor appointment and needed a ride and her sister could only take her that day. Thursday?, nope playing cards with her girlfriends. Finally on Friday we did her install. Our company sends out survey cards about the customer's experience with us. She loved her sales rep, he was so nice, as for the install group her comment was " I'm an older lady who had been without heat for a week and it took another week for your peolple to get here" I had to stay at a hotel and I'll be forwarding my bill to you for reimbursement"
I love my job!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
Site Team

We have a local print called Justified. What it does is scours the online arrest records from all the surrounding jurisdictions in our area....then puts all of them into a weekly newspaper format. We like reading it to see if we recognize anyone. I had to cut out one from a few weeks ago, that featured one of our customers. (I scanned it and attached it below)

We get blamed for lot's of things......but this one is priceless.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf img001.pdf (496.4 KB, 117 views)

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote