Old 09-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
We have a local print called Justified. What it does is scours the online arrest records from all the surrounding jurisdictions in our area....then puts all of them into a weekly newspaper format. We like reading it to see if we recognize anyone. I had to cut out one from a few weeks ago, that featured one of our customers. (I scanned it and attached it below)

We get blamed for lot's of things......but this one is priceless.

Those chinese made tires will get you in trouble every time. Proof positive.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Those chinese made tires will get you in trouble every time. Proof positive.
I hear you. I guess if they were American made, we'd be getting hit with a paternity suit.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #23

As an operator at a retail store, I get the weirdest calls. I live in IOWA and got a call from someone in FLORIDA asking for directions to one of our stores there........ "Do you sell parachutes? I'm going sky diving and want my own." .......... Would you buy one from a retail chain store???? A women called and asked for directions to our store "no problem I can do that, where are you? " Her reply??? "I am not sure but I am on Clear st." Me "What city?" Her "I don't know that is why I call you!"
People here's your sign...LLLLLLLL
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
Site Team

One of my guys reminded me of something I had forgotten about.

Several years ago, we had a man purchase two tires. He made it to the railroad track crossing, which is about 300 yards down the road from our business...before he ran over a rr spike which not only punctured his tire, it also went thru his rim to boot.

He came back and argued that not only did we sell him a new tire with a railroad spike in it, we also owed him a rim too.

I explained how that would be impossible to mount his tire on a rim with a rr spike sticking in it the way it was, much less airing it up, or balancing it.

It was almost too ludicrous a situation to really even argue........but he finally left (mad at us) and was heading to the railroad office.

-------------------------------------------------------
FYI, 300 yards isn't the record for ruining a tire here either. We had a lady (who is a good friend of mines wife actually), pull out our side driveway and hit the cities iron drain grate on the other side of the road right at closing time (20 feet). She blew her front and rear tire. I saw her stopped in the parking lot over there, just sitting in her truck, but couldn't see the tires on the opposite side blown out. I assumed she was just talking on her cellphone. I closed the shop, then drove out that way and saw what she had done. I stopped and asked her why didn't she let us know..... she said she was too embarrassed. I drug some jacks over, took her tires off, and fixed her up again. Of course, I never let her forget it, and pick with her a lot about it to this day. LOL

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #25

Love it. I worked as a patrol officer for 5 years
I drive into a parking lot one afternoon and there was a 90 yr old lady flagging me down. I stopped and got out asking her what was the problem. I've locked my keys in m purse inside the car she replied.
I went to the trunk of my cruiser and looked for the slim Jim which was back at the Det. I went inside the store and got a wire hanger tearing it down.
After 10 minutes of friggjn with her door I got her unlocked.
As I went to leave she said thank you young an and asked if I would give her the coat hanger I case she got locked out again - it didn't look too difficult to do.
I watched her open her trunk putting the hanger inside it, close the lid and then drive away.

The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote