Old 01-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #11
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Who do I contact about getting one of these signs? I would like to have a sign posted right in front of my deer camp. That way I could just sit inside the patio doors and take my pick of which buck I'll shoot since the deer would be crossing in front of the camp. It gets cold walking all over the woods and then dragging in the thirty point buck. Eh?
Sorry, Elind, but your suggestion reminds me of the old story about the two guys who go deer hunting and bag a 12-point buck. After congratulating each other, they grab the deer by the two hind legs and start dragging it out of the woods and toward the truck, but the rack keeps getting tangled in the underbrush and slowing them down.

After about an hour they encounter a game warden, who checks their tags and admires their deer. Before leaving he says, "You know, you fellows would have a much easier time if you'd grab that deer by the antlers and drag him, instead of by the hind legs."

After about another hour of dragging, one of the two says, "You know, that game warden was right. This is much easier," to which his buddy replies, "Yeah, but we keep getting further and further from the truck."

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

This thread got derailed back a bunch of posts ago. Quotes here and there, so it was impossible to edit out the questionable stuff, so I had to delete a bunch of posts.

Don't be so harsh on the questionable mentally challenged people out there.......they could be among us.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Sorry, Elind, but your suggestion reminds me of the old story about the two guys who go deer hunting and bag a 12-point buck. After congratulating each other, they grab the deer by the two hind legs and start dragging it out of the woods and toward the truck, but the rack keeps getting tangled in the underbrush and slowing them down.

After about an hour they encounter a game warden, who checks their tags and admires their deer. Before leaving he says, "You know, you fellows would have a much easier time if you'd grab that deer by the antlers and drag him, instead of by the hind legs."

After about another hour of dragging, one of the two says, "You know, that game warden was right. This is much easier," to which his buddy replies, "Yeah, but we keep getting further and further from the truck."
Bob, I changed my sign.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	69965  

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote