Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #41

Not to rain on the giggle fest, but food for thought. Had to recently bug out due to fires. Other than a few additional pieces of clothing, four photos on the wall we do not have digitized, and accounting for firearms storage, we did not need to hang around to pack. Took us about 10 minutes to skeedaddle comfortably.

We have two dear friends who lost everything. One had 13 minutes to escape, one had to just leave asap.

So when I see how we have double of everything, I smile and am grateful we have the ability to be mobile at a moment's notice. Honestly, we were not even planning for bug out, we just want to be able to leave with no fuss, and to lifeboat in case of quake. Adding bug out is a new thing for us, but we were close to being ready, and are now ready.
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dp26 View Post
Not to rain on the giggle fest, but food for thought. Had to recently bug out due to fires. Other than a few additional pieces of clothing, four photos on the wall we do not have digitized, and accounting for firearms storage, we did not need to hang around to pack. Took us about 10 minutes to skeedaddle comfortably.

We have two dear friends who lost everything. One had 13 minutes to escape, one had to just leave asap.

So when I see how we have double of everything, I smile and am grateful we have the ability to be mobile at a moment's notice. Honestly, we were not even planning for bug out, we just want to be able to leave with no fuss, and to lifeboat in case of quake. Adding bug out is a new thing for us, but we were close to being ready, and are now ready.
Hope your home was spared and no one was hurt.

We are prepared to a lesser extent due to hurricane threats and it was another factor in our decision to purchase a TT, having had to deal with sold out hotels and evacuations in the past...
GAWRF: 3900 GAWRR: 4100 GCWR: 17,000
Payload Sticker: 1,867 lbs Tow Capacity: 11,767 lbs
Towing a nice 5th wheel near you
m2kamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #43
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Liz can bring anything she wants, as long as it includes me. We'll figure it out.
Yep! This!

Of course in my case it would be Sue and not Liz, but you get the idea

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2kamp View Post
Why does DH need so much beer & liquor???
Once you meet DH you will hope he has had all that beer & liquor ... finally a friendly kinda guy

DH is piping up in the background that it is to alleviate all the pain from carrying all DW stuff .... don't let him kid you, I carry more out than he does

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
My DW actually keeps me alive. The arguments about packing and stowing is what keeps my blood flowing. If it were not for the high blood flow I get from her directions blowing through my veins, the doughnuts would have shut me down a long time ago. LOL...

Now...Now....Bob! I think longevity to keep you alive is all the running in other direction you do to keep out of that little lady's way.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote