Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #1

embarrassing stories

Would love to hear some embarrassing stories that make you laugh now that you look back on them...here is one of mine...i hope it makes you smile

This made me laugh out loud..As this is my story....I bought my new MH and brought it home after the Tech went through showing me all the new goodies and how to use them all...Well not ever giving anything a second thought i went on my first Over night trip and was getting ready to come home. I walked over to my tank dumps to hook up my stinky slinky and squatted down to open the cap up to stick the old stinky slinky on and was hit in the face by a gusher of nasty stinky poop filled water lmao the look on my face was priceless.SOOOOOO what is the first natural reaction most people will have? Yepp try to place cap back on as quick as possible....Ummm let me tell you thats not such a great idea...lmao yepp the gushing poop water decides to become pressurized and begins to SPRAY ALL OVER ME...lmao. If you could have seen my dear wife's face laughing so hard tears were coming down her face...of course i violated every rule about using vulgarity right about then, finally got smart and pushed in the black tanks valve to stop my shower from hell. And Yes im here to tell you that smell wont leave your nostrils for days lol..i learned a very valuable lesson that day...ALWAYS CHECK VALVES BEFORE TAKING THE CAP OFF...lol
Lancaster NY
xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #2

You know you may consider putting this in the humor section here.

LOL I think Robin William's made a movie about you. It's call "RV".
If you haven't seen it you should rent it.
https://youtu.be/lJ8xRTNvrvc

Sorry I can't thing of anything that can top your experience.

Glad you can express it here and laugh about it.
You know what they say $ H I T happens.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #3
CCRVOC

Yeup. You win.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
Wait till next year...

Yep did the same thing first time I dumped. Dw was screaming. Tried to put the cap back then figured out the hose was a better idea. Good thing about it got to use the outside shower(couldn't figure out why there was an outside when I bought the MH-now I know)
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
(Dry Huunday)

Hmmm....I think I better "ensure" the DW knows to check the valves before removing the cap or I WILL be in a LOT of trouble!!!!

Just in case....one can never be too safe!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #6

Not my story but at a campground in Nashville a nice couple in a brand new 5th wheel parked next to us. They had just bought the trailer from a dealer in Muskegon Mi and as that's my home town we struck up a conversation. They had been on the road for a couple of days on the shake down cruse. Later that day he was looking at the sewer and was not sure but thought the dump was open and caps on. Took a look and sure enough they all were open. I suggested that he close them and he did. I also urged him to but a heavy duty bag around the end to catch the poo that was in the line. I even got a bag out for him. He said he didn't need it and would just take off the cap and put on the sewer hose. I strongly asked him to reconsider and he said he was good. So I stepped back and watched him take a real good poo bath. It made a real mess and we ended up with the windows closed and the A/C on until the park got the mess cleaned up. It is amazing how much poo is in a 4"line. Always entertaining at the RV park.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #7

That is exactly why i have a twist on valve,then the cap.Don't like suprises at all. Happened to me too.Last year in Williams Arizona.Not a good way to start the day off.Had gotten in late and didn't hook up until the morning.Valve cable on the black tank had broken when I thought I closed it in Barstow California.Not a lot of yuck in there,but enough.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
Explorer

My most embarrassing moment was trying to orient my trailer correctly in a back-in spot, TT door facing toward fireplace, picnic table and away from close neighbor. I came in one way stopped and evaluated the spot. I realize things are on the wrong sides, that’s okay I’ll just spin around and back in from the other direction. So now I’m backing in from a precarious direction; site was designed to come in from my first direction. Again I realize my trailer will not be oriented quite right. So again I pull forward spin around and back in from the other direction and its still not right. At least I’m backing in the direction the site was designed for but I’m still scratching my head and then it hits me. I’m an idiot(brain loss), there is only one way to back into a back-in site. Several neighbors came by to console me, saying I had a big trailer to get into a small spot. Nope that wasn’t the problem, it was me.
I have been towing utility trailers and boats for 35 plus years. I have been towing and parking TTs for 8yrs, 300 plus different camping spots with never an issue.
My only excuse was that I had gotten up at 4am drank 3 cups of coffee and still wasn’t awake when I pulled in.
Still hung my head low for a while, at least I was in Yellow Stone.
John
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote