Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #331
Senior Member
 
DAISY BOYKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SUNSHINE STATE
Posts: 1,623
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
My # 1 ford

My new ride is a F-250 P/S King Ranch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151208_110153.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	95790  
__________________

__________________
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #332
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 545
They are all good till they break. I have 2 ram 3500"s. An 04 and an 07. I make my living with these trucks. In total, my major repairs have been 3 transmissions, 1 transfer case, 1 front differential, 2 front drive shafts and one rear drive shaft. The milage on the 04 is 1,103,000 and the 07 is 1,801,000. Yes that's millions. And they work fairly hard. Original motors, turbos and injectors. This is my living so it's dodge for me! Like I said, they're all good.
__________________

__________________
larryo is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #333
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
05CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
They are all good till they break. I have 2 ram 3500"s. An 04 and an 07. I make my living with these trucks. In total, my major repairs have been 3 transmissions, 1 transfer case, 1 front differential, 2 front drive shafts and one rear drive shaft. The milage on the 04 is 1,103,000 and the 07 is 1,801,000. Yes that's millions. And they work fairly hard. Original motors, turbos and injectors. This is my living so it's dodge for me! Like I said, they're all good.
The difference between you and many is that you're using your trucks appropriately, working them as intended.
Too many people buy diesels and let them sit for long periods of time with an occasional driveway idle or drive around the neighborhood which is diesel abuse. Then they wonder why they have issues.
If you want them to last, get out and work it or go buy a gasser.
__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #334
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
My new ride is a F-250 P/S King Ranch
Looks like you are practicing driving in that parking lot, good for you. Maybe you will start missing curbs.... Congrats on the new TV.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #335
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
The difference between you and many is that you're using your trucks appropriately, working them as intended.
Too many people buy diesels and let them sit for long periods of time with an occasional driveway idle or drive around the neighborhood which is diesel abuse. Then they wonder why they have issues.
If you want them to last, get out and work it or go buy a gasser.
Also, I cross into the States at Pembina ND. From that point (I29 to Fargo then I94 all the way to exit 40 in Indiana. 948 miles) there is not 1 stop sign or light. So I really don't do much stop and go driving which makes a big difference. When I'm busy I put roughly 4000 miles a week on each truck.
__________________
larryo is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 08:44 PM   #336
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 545
I did forget one thing to tell the OP. Congratulations on the new truck!
__________________
larryo is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #337
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Thanks!
__________________
B and B is online now  
Old 12-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #338
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Heard from OC?
__________________
bob caldwell is offline  
Old 12-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #339
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,341
I'll just leave this here.
Feel safe in your soda can?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153189892070636


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

I am nice!
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline  
Old 12-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #340
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
X2!!!
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
ford

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.