Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #61
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Look ... A squirrel!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #62
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Look ... A squirrel!
I missed it......

What was the topic again?

TURBS

oc's buddy
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #63
Another rat in the race

Topics are sooo three pages ago

Hows the class doing on the Chicken and Egg assignment
Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #64
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I missed it......

What was the topic again?

TURBS

oc's buddy
There was something about classes, 1,2, & 3, and I got lost. Then I started thinking about my 3rd grade teacher, and how hot I thought she was at the time.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #65
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
There was something about classes, 1,2, & 3, and I got lost. Then I started thinking about my 3rd grade teacher, and how hot I thought she was at the time.
You had ms. baker to?

TURBS

oc's buddy
Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #66
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
You had ms. baker to?

TURBS

oc's buddy
I had Miss Blake, but close! Thing is, she came to my house last year for a pool party I had for my class. Her name had changed, but she was still Miss Blake to me!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #67
B47

Quote:
OK guys - I think (know)I'm one of those who was talking about classes - I didn't start using the word,but Yes I'm one who did use it.

However seeing as how I'm on the moderators Watch List,I figure if they didn't shut us down we are good to go.

Some of you guys just don't know good discussion when you see it.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #68
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
OK guys - I think (know)I'm one of those who was talking about classes - I didn't start using the word,but Yes I'm one who did use it.

However seeing as how I'm on the moderators Watch List,I figure if they didn't shut us down we are good to go.

I could talk about hot teachers all day long! As a matter of fact, there is a teacher at my daughters elementary school that
Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #69
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
OK guy's
The only good discussion was the last 5 posts
Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Carry on.

TURBS

oc's buddy
Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #70
B47

Quote:
I could talk about hot teachers all day long! As a matter of fact, there is a teacher at my daughters elementary school that
Apparently around here some teachers talk about hot students also. Every so often there's a story that some teacher (male and female) get involved in an unprofessional relationship with a male or female student.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #71
B47

Quote:
The only good discussion was the last 5 posts
Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Carry on.

TURBS

oc's buddy
Well since one of mine was in the last 5, I'll take that as a compliment.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 PM   #72
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Well since one of mine was in the last 5, I'll take that as a compliment.
Agreed.

TURBS

oc's buddy
Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #73
B47

Whether we are physically snowed in or not,I think we are all going stir crazy and need to get out.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #74
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar3316 View Post
http://www.ipc.org/4.0_knowledge/4.1...april-2010.pdf

Per IPC 610
Class 1 -- General Electronic Products
Includes products suitable for applications where the major requirement is function of the completed assembly. (Radio Shack)

Class 2 -- Dedicated Service Electronic Products
Includes products where continued performance and extended life is required, and for which uninterrupted service is desired
but not critical. Typically the end-use environment would not cause failures. (Sony)

Class 3 -- High Performance Electronic Products
Includes products where continued high performance or performance-on-demand is critical, equipment downtime cannot be
tolerated, end-use environment may be uncommonly harsh, and the equipment must function when required, such as life
support or other critical systems. (Medical, MIL, and Space)

Just because it goes in the air, space, or battlefield does not mean it is built to class 3. Only Life critical systems MUST BE built to Class 3. The rest is up to the customer.

Incidentally Many parts in vehicles are made to class 3 ABS modules and Air Bag modules to name a few.

Theres a job in here right now that has always been class 3 and the Customer (gov. contractor) is having it built at a class 2 now, because their customer (gov.) has decided it does not need to be class 3. Its a part we have built for over 15 years, will we cheapen up the build for the end user (soldiers) NO we simply took out some of the testing requirements and purchased some non crucial non mil cirted parts to save the money our customer wanted off.

that old story about the $25,000 hammer. It wasn't the hammer it was all the testing and ***** covering that came with the $25 hammer.

I had me classes ass backwards!! Thanks for straightening me out jarjar!

B47, As for TSO specs, you are correct, they do not specifically call out class 3 gear.
Then again, they do not specifically call out that P&W HAS to make certain parts of their engines out of titanium, P&W does it because that is what is required for TBO's that the customer wants and reliability.
TSO says the engine has to run....

This is in the joke and humor section, Turbs and Aquaman, feel free to ignore it and start a new thread about ogling 3rd grade teachers!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #75
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
I had me classes ass backwards!! Thanks for straightening me out jarjar!

B47, As for TSO specs, you are correct, they do not specifically call out class 3 gear.
Then again, they do not specifically call out that P&W HAS to make certain parts of their engines out of titanium, P&W does it because that is what is required for TBO's that the customer wants and reliability.

This is in the joke and humor section, Turbs and Aquaman, feel free to ignore it and start a new thread about ogling 3rd grade teachers!
As far as the P&W reference - you're correct as far as it goes,but material type etc is required in the Type Design that a manufacturer is required to submit to the FAA and is one of the first steps in getting a Type Certificate and Production Certificate for their product.

Regarding Time Between Overhaul (TBO) intervals, the operators who first operate the engine have to go with the manufacturers recommended TBO.

As the operator gets more operating history/experience with the engine,they can apply to the FAA to increase or decrease the TBO interval with supporting justification - usually data gotten from their reliability program.

In other words, Airline A and Airline B might be operating the same type engine and Airline B has a higher TBO interval than Airline A because of differences in the way they each operate the engine.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #76
Infractee

Quote:
As far as the P&W reference - you're correct as far as it goes,but material type etc is required in the Type Design that a manufacturer is required to submit to the FAA and is one of the first steps in getting a Type Certificate and Production Certificate for their product.

Regarding Time Between Overhaul (TBO) intervals, the operators who first operate the engine have to go with the manufacturers recommended TBO.

As the operator gets more operating history/experience with the engine,they can apply to the FAA to increase or decrease the TBO interval with supporting justification - usually data gotten from their reliability program.

In other words, Airline A and Airline B might be operating the same type engine and Airline B has a higher TBO interval than Airline A because of differences in the way they each operate the engine.

RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #77

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1391290728.178573.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	45665
Old 02-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
As a past employee and plant manager at P&W i can tell you their is very very little titanium used in any of it`s engines. we did the PW1000, 4000, JT series

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #79
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ok guys in my experience, i've had ford trucks since 1987. The old 302 and 300 six, were great, and the truck itself was great.... Then, in 1997 I bought a new f150, it looked great, but had a crappy v 6 that got less than. 12 mpg. I traded it on a new f 350 lariat in 99, The 350 had the v 10, an AWSOME motor,until it started blowing spark plugs through the coil out of the head. After repairing this problem three times, got rid of it!! Then purchased an. 01 Chevy 1/2 ton, a great, and very reliable trk , which I still own 257000 mi, my oldest son drives it now. Then needed a bigger trk again, in comes an. 03 f 350. 6.oh no. Again the trk it self was good. The reliability of the 6.0 was anything but, so... You throw a LOT of $ at it, to bullet proof..... Not .
So... There is a new ram. 3500 out in drive now!!!
Absolutely never again a ford trk!! Bailout or not, ya know why they did not need it, they had the least warranty, and continued to put products out that they knew had major problems. 36000 mi and you are on yr own !! No recall, no responsibility !! NO SALE
There are a lot of ford trks around here, but most of them are traded before they have major problems.

Wheew!!! Sorry , when I think about the $, the lost wrk, the waste , it just pi##'s me off. !
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by milcop4523 View Post

lloooovvveee it !!!
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote