Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Georgia Weather...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140123_085434.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	45294

lol!
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
RKR
Senior Member
 
RKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 592
Lmao , that's funny.
__________________

__________________
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
There is some crazy weather going on - Houston is under a Winter Warning though Friday morning with 1/5 inch of freezing rain and sleet forecasted.

Galveston is expecting sleet and snow flurries with a low of 30 expected tonight.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
Oh the humanity! I laughed when I saw the "warning" for Texas. UP TO 1/4 OF AN INCH OF SNOW!!! Egads the world is coming to an end. The problem is that no one knows how to drive in it and they do absolutely nothing to the roads when it snows or ices over. So they just wait until it melts and life comes to a screeching halt. The only people who venture out are the transplants from colder climates who can handle ANYTHING mother nature throws at them!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Oh the humanity! I laughed when I saw the "warning" for Texas. UP TO 1/4 OF AN INCH OF SNOW!!! Egads the world is coming to an end. The problem is that no one knows how to drive in it and they do absolutely nothing to the roads when it snows or ices over. So they just wait until it melts and life comes to a screeching halt. The only people who venture out are the transplants from colder climates who can handle ANYTHING mother nature throws at them!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forest River Forums mobile app
If you're referring to my previous post here, I said 1/5 inch of freezing rain and sleet. But the fact that's the forecast for Houston is what's unusual IMO.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
There is some crazy weather going on - Houston is under a Winter Warning though Friday morning with 1/5 inch of freezing rain and sleet forecasted.

Galveston is expecting sleet and snow flurries with a low of 30 expected tonight.
It's 37 here now...and that's also our high for today. Tonight is predicted to be high teens. WCF is 29. That wind feels like it's cutting right through your multiple layers of clothing.

Snow and sleet flurries since 1:30 PM.

While 1/5 inch is laughable to those up North, around here any amount of ice and/or snow can be deadly, as people here are NOT accustomed to it and it inevitably brings out the crazies who feel they just HAVE to go to WalMart. (eye roll) And they invariably see ice on a bridge and slam on their brakes.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
It's 37 here now...and that's also our high for today. Tonight is predicted to be high teens. WCF is 29. That wind feels like it's cutting right through your multiple layers of clothing.

Snow and sleet flurries since 1:30 PM.

While 1/5 inch is laughable to those up North, around here any amount of ice and/or snow can be deadly, as people here are NOT accustomed to it and it inevitably brings out the crazies who feel they just HAVE to go to WalMart. (eye roll) And they invariably see ice on a bridge and slam on their brakes.
Right on - here in DFW it's currently 28 with a low of 18 tonight. Warmer tomorrow.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
And, you can bet on it....all grocery stores will have their shelves stripped of Milk, Bread, Water, etc.

I can remember as a child we got snow here often....deep snow, so much and so often that Mom ordered snow suits for us every fall from Sears Roebuck.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #9
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
And, you can bet on it....all grocery stores will have their shelves stripped of Milk, Bread, Water, etc.

I can remember as a child we got snow here often....deep snow, so much and so often that Mom ordered snow suits for us every fall from Sears Roebuck.
And in addition to those items you mentioned, there's always a rush on those outdoor water spigot covers Every time freezing temps are forecasted here. I guess people don't think or remember that they are reusable.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
They cover their water taps just because of a little freeze? I think I had bothered draining mine the first year I bought my house. 3 houses and many decades later without a problem just leaving the tap off. And I live in the great white north.
__________________

__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.