Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
B47

I'm happy ...

And if you're wondering why, it's because the Dallas Cowboys are 0 for 2 in the preseason.

Yeah I know it's only the preseason, but I am one who places a little weight on how the NFL teams play in the preseason.

After their last game against the Cardinals and the 6 fumbles, I now pronounce them the "Dallas Butterfingers"
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
And if you're wondering why, it's because the Dallas Cowboys are 0 for 2 in the preseason.

Yeah I know it's only the preseason, but I am one who places a little weight on how the NFL teams play in the preseason.

After their last game against the Cardinals and the 6 fumbles, I now pronounce them the "Dallas Butterfingers"
Yea, I really don't see a big change in the team from the past 3 years as I watch the starters in these couple of preseason games...oh Jerry!

Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Yea, I really don't see a big change in the team from the past 3 years as I watch the starters in these couple of preseason games...oh Jerry!
Yeah - and my 49er's are 1 for 2 right now, but its only the preseason.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:

So are you saying you're a Saints fan?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
So are you saying you're a Saints fan?
Only when they or any other NFL teams beats the Cowboys

As I have stated before, I'm known as and proud of it as an ABC fan - Any team But the Cowboys

And I pull for the 49er's in all games.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Only when they or any other NFL teams beats the Cowboys

As I have stated before, I'm known as and proud of it as an ABC fan - Any team But the Cowboys
I can relate. As a youngster, I was a Terry Bradshaw (since he played at LA Tech 25 miles from me)/Steelers fan.............so naturally I loathed anything Dallas Cowboys.

However, as I got older and more educated......I became a Saints fan, and also learned to channel my hatred towards Atlanta for good reason.

So I have softened my stance on Dallas. It doesn't bother me if they win, just as long as they don't win against the Saints.

Now, as far as Atlanta goes............................. I can't say in these open forums without getting in trouble.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
I can relate. As a youngster, I was a Terry Bradshaw (since he played at LA Tech 25 miles from me)/Steelers fan.............so naturally I loathed anything Dallas Cowboys.

However, as I got older and more educated......I became a Saints fan, and also learned to channel my hatred towards Atlanta for good reason.

So I have softened my stance on Dallas. It doesn't bother me if they win, just as long as they don't win against the Saints.

Now, as far as Atlanta goes............................. I can't say in these open forums without getting in trouble.
I also can relate, but I am not a Dallas native, but have lived in the DFW area for all of my adult life and did pull for the Cowboys - not an avid fan, but a fan nevertheless until 1989 when Jones and mob brought the team.

No doubt that the Cowboys are a very popular and wealthy NFL team, but a lot of people don't like Jones or what he did in 1989.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
Camper Less Camping

Quote:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3211429594.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	38152

I'm a Saints fan...grew up in Nawlins! (In case the pic didn't clue you in...LOL)

Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Attachment 38152

I'm a Saints fan...grew up in Nawlins! (In case the pic didn't clue you in...LOL)
WOW
Old 08-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #10

i dont think its all Romo either..

Let's get Dez Bryant straight, eh'?
I've been a life long follower of America's team (even though I'm a huge Detroit fan...)
I like good strategy. Dallas has always had good strategy, until Jimmy left.
Get a run game and Dez straightened out and all will be down hill.

Romo's #'s last year were strong considering. Witten is a beast!
cantbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantbob View Post
Let's get Dez Bryant straight, eh'?
I've been a life long follower of America's team (even though I'm a huge Detroit fan...)
I like good strategy. Dallas has always had good strategy, until Jimmy left.
Get a run game and Dez straightened out and all will be down hill.

Romo's #'s last year were strong considering. Witten is a beast!
Dez still needs more straighting out and needs to wipe the butter off his fingers.

Witten is getting older - still darn good, but getting older.

Romo is still maturing - no way to go.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #12

Grew up watching the Cowboys, lived in Dallas and have lived in Texas for most of my adult life. Still mad about the Tom Landry deal so I don't really care if they win or lose.

That said, I'm really not a pro football fan. I do watch some college ball. I root for Baylor and whoever the Aggies are playing that weekend.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #13

Well, I was a Cowboys fan from day 1... and thought I'd always be a Cowboys fan... but then Jerry came along... The organization went from the most class act in football to crass, no-class, and whatever else I can say without being in trouble... Sad... Very sad. What kind of egomaniacal bozo fires a coach that won the last 2 Supperbowls and has a chance to actually three-peat? Jones... that's what kind...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Well, I was a Cowboys fan from day 1... and thought I'd always be a Cowboys fan... but then Jerry came along... The organization went from the most class act in football to crass, no-class, and whatever else I can say without being in trouble... Sad... Very sad. What kind of egomaniacal bozo fires a coach that won the last 2 Supperbowls and has a chance to actually three-peat? Jones... that's what kind...
Also helps to have a big ego and lots of money to go with it.

Good to meet you Saturday.

Stopped at Jerry's on way home - that place has really grown since we brought a new 1991 Buick there.