Old 08-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
How do you get through 12 years of school, anywhere, and be that dumb?

When my son was in the Army, he said "Dad, I know I'm not a genius, and I'm not old, but I've seen a FEW folks in my life, and the 'real world' does not have this many idiots in it. Thus, I've concluded that the Army either skews their entrance exams to get them ALL, or there is a training class somewhere in here that teaches it"........

I asked him if he'd had the class yet........

I had a Burger King once have their cash register fail and they wouldn't sell me a burger (kitchen worked FINE) because they wouldn't know how much to charge me. Having a math degree, I offered to A) figure the tax for them, and B) pay more than necessary. The employee and the manager refused, saying that wouldn't work.

So they sat idle, losing money, till cash register repairman came. I assume he could count, but not sure.

BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #12
We have had the same change issues but the best was a few years ago near DC went to McDonald's & ordered a plain cheeseburger for our son. When we sat down to eat there was no cheese on his cheeseburger.......Upon taking it back the girl looked at us & said you ordered a PLAIN cheeseburger...... I had to ask..... I thought that no cheese was a hamburger then what is a plain hamburger just the bun??????????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
This is the future.
Poppy Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #14
Being part smarts... I always try to help our youth. You know, I have had a seen couple of ah ha moments. You would have thought I just gave them the secret of the universe. It is funny though.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
To make it worse in Canada we just got rid of the penny. When paying cash everything is rounded to the nearest 5 but if paying by debit or credit card you pay the exact amount.

The teller and consumer confusion is fun to watch.

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
Yes but we are told it is cruel to make kids learn the times tables so here we are being kind to them by letting them be stupid.

As a Canadian we get treated differently in the U s when we get gas, this bugs me when I pull the trailer and have to go in and pay first even when using a card, anyway we were in Georgia and stopped for gas so I told the kid I wanted 23 gallons, he looked at the card looked at me and said what's that, I explained that gas is sold in gallons and he said we can't do that here, he had a calculator so he had a math lesson for free he was amazed. I don't blame the kids I blame parents who keep wanting to change and improve things it's a shame a damned shame.
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
Thanks!!!!! Happy Happy Happy

Our DIL teaches US and World History in High School.... you would not believe some of the answers on tests & papers she gets...... It is alot of fun when she is over & grading papers...... All of her students are not that way but many are... I think she she should save the best & write a book later on ....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
hehe - my DW calls it "Math Water Boarding" when I do the various "change tricks" to our math-deficient cashiers (like others, my favorite is to hand $10.00 to a cashier for a $5.26 bill, have the machine think for them and then say OH WAIT, here - and hand them 26 -- and watch the fun commence...

On another albeit more subtle "they walk among us" note comes from New York City (which I understand has a rather large Jewish population) this sign was spotted in a NY Deli (Snopes verified!)

Oy Veh!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChanukalHam.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	43843  

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote