Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Site Team

Karma, a true story

I am posting this in the humor forum, as it actually happened to me. I think it is hilarious now, but not at first.

Late yesterday evening, we had a customer come in. She had another female and two males in the vehicle with her. Just looking at them (all the piercings, tattoos, etc), you probably wouldn't invite them over for dinner.

Anyhow, when we got thru with our service and she was paying, she pulled out a Discover card to pay. My manager asked to see her ID before he would run the card, and she said it was outside in the vehicle. As she went outside, my manager went to pull in the next customers vehicle. These 4 ne'er-do-wells saw he was not watching them, so they got in their car and left, without paying.

It was kind of my managers fault, as he knows to watch for stuff like this, but he said he thought he knew that woman. He spent an hour after work trying to find her on facebook, to no avail. It got off with him (and me even more) that this happened.

Anyhow this morning, our first customers were a husband and wife. After we finished with their service, they pointed out to me that someone had left a purse underneath one of the chairs in the customer area.

Yep, you are probably thinking from the name of this thread of whose purse it is, and you are correct. It was that woman's purse. I have her drivers license in hand.

Ain't Karma grand?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #2

aint karma grand.....would love to see thier face when the sherrif rolls up!!

as a business owner i have had things of this nature happe a lot..

and also as a heavily tattood minority, it kinda sucks when its obvious others form an opinion of my character before a word or action is ever exchanged...

its funny to watch them change attitude when they find out what i do and who i work with and that i probably have more education than than them....

I wish i could say i dont do it too....ive had customers come in who i think are homeless and wasting my time, that end up paying my mortgage for the month in sales....

but i once had a customer park his car IN FRONT of the door/camera and proceed to walk out with product.....right after he had just let me make photocopies of his driver liscense and debit card for transaction!!???....its people like that who question my faith in common sense....go figure
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #3

Lucky (karma) this time but maybe it's time for a new policy or reinforce one that exists and that is to jot down tag number and make and model of car when filling out service order.. Just saying....

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #4

I'm thinking she might qualify for one of the 2014 Darwin Awards.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Getting my $$$$$$$

After retiring from the Navy back in 1977, I started a CB radio business which did pretty well for a couple of years. During that time, I have a regular trucker for CB / radar detector business that paid for some service of $331.00.
Upon deposit the check, it bounced sky high. Great customer for a couple of years, always paid by cash, so I trusted him. He disappeared, I filed with the local small claim court for the amount owed. Time passed, even 13 years passed. Always asking kin where he was, nobody knew. Well, low and behold
a hurricane happened to hit Florida and we were all looking for a safe place to
put our boat inside for protection. There was a local add for inside storage. My partner took his boat to the advertised place for storage and guess who met my partner to unlock the door for storage????? The missing truck driver
for 13 years!!!!!!!!!! I called the locals for an update on the bad check warrant, they said it was still active, but you may be out of luck to collect for it had been so long, but I said "I know where he is right now" OK fast forward. By the laws of Florida, I was able to collect the highest interest that was allowed, plus file fees and collection fees for the 13 years. A warrent was served to appear in court. My $331.00 turned into over $600.00 dollars cash by the bad check.

Talk about Karma, it will get you when you appear to unlock the door!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #6

Overall, a great story! Like ironj said, we should hold our prejudice in check. Take one of these tests - the results may surprise you! https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html Then too, they may not.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
After retiring from the Navy back in 1977, I started a CB radio business which did pretty well for a couple of years. During that time, I have a regular trucker for CB / radar detector business that paid for some service of $331.00.
Upon deposit the check, it bounced sky high. Great customer for a couple of years, always paid by cash, so I trusted him. He disappeared, I filed with the local small claim court for the amount owed. Time passed, even 13 years passed. Always asking kin where he was, nobody knew. Well, low and behold
a hurricane happened to hit Florida and we were all looking for a safe place to
put our boat inside for protection. There was a local add for inside storage. My partner took his boat to the advertised place for storage and guess who met my partner to unlock the door for storage????? The missing truck driver
for 13 years!!!!!!!!!! I called the locals for an update on the bad check warrant, they said it was still active, but you may be out of luck to collect for it had been so long, but I said "I know where he is right now" OK fast forward. By the laws of Florida, I was able to collect the highest interest that was allowed, plus file fees and collection fees for the 13 years. A warrent was served to appear in court. My $331.00 turned into over $600.00 dollars cash by the bad check.

Talk about Karma, it will get you when you appear to unlock the door!
had a customer once do same thing about 14yrs ago.....he was a SUPER nice guy and i couldent believe he would bounce a check...never did hear from him again and turned the check over to the district att for prosecution....and around these parts they will GET YOU....lol

well they never got him...i went a couple of years ago with my crew to donate some coats and gloves to the local salvation as it was FREEZING and the homeless here dont deal with super cold well.....

lo and behold there he was....he had become a meth addict and was now homeless.....

dont know if that is karma, but i have never once wanted that money again......if thats karma, then so be it.......but i would NEVER wish or hope that level of demise to anyone......then again who knows what else he did??
Old 01-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Cyber Phrenologist

My family used to rent houses, and insisted on renting them fully furnished. You get bad renters that way, but I digress.

Renters were moving out, Dad went out to help them load their stuff. Dad grabbed a particularly heavy box and lugged it out to the car.

Later Dad figured out the box contained our TV (that was in the rental house.) And of course the check bounced, too.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf7g View Post
Overall, a great story! Like ironj said, we should hold our prejudice in check. Take one of these tests - the results may surprise you! https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html Then too, they may not.
i took the muslim one......no surprise really...

it showed i have a preference for others over arab muslims....

it is what it is.....lol...we are merely products of our experiences in life and the associations we make there in.....
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf7g View Post

Data exchanged with this site are protected by SSL encryption, and no personally identifying information is collected. IP addresses are routinely recorded, but are completely confidential.

Uh...not no but heyul no.

Suuuuure they'll keep my IP address confidential. /snark

Thanks but no thanks, I'll keep my idiosyncrasies/eccentricities private.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Data exchanged with this site are protected by SSL encryption, and no personally identifying information is collected. IP addresses are routinely recorded, but are completely confidential.

Uh...not no but heyul no.

Suuuuure they'll keep my IP address confidential. /snark

Thanks but no thanks, I'll keep my idiosyncrasies/eccentricities private.
my beliefs, prejudices , and political/religious affiliations (or lack there of) are pretty much public info...i would have been more worried if the test had said OTHERWISE!! LOL
Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
Cyber Phrenologist

Well, how'd the karma girl story end? Is justice served?

I would make a huge poster of her drivers license that says "This person stole from us" and put it in the waiting area.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Well, how'd the karma girl story end? Is justice served?
The story hasn't come to a conclusion yet. "Tune in tomorrow — same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!"

There is more to this that I can't publically state at this time.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #14

Well....did batman rid the city of another criminal ?...dont leave us hanging

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
Well....did batman rid the city of another criminal ?...dont leave us hanging

It was the season ending cliff-hanger.

We're still in limbo right now.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #16
Always Learning

Don't know about Batman, but Bat Kid certainly did:

Old 01-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
It was the season ending cliff-hanger.

We're still in limbo right now.
Let me know when the season starts again so I can set my dvr.....