Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
I just looked at the lyrics for that song and it's a very nasty song.
I actually very much dislike the explicit version, but do enjoy the "clean" version. Still a few things I could without. But, overall - a ton better.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I actually very much dislike the explicit version, but do enjoy the "clean" version. Still a few things I could without. But, overall - a ton better.
So they recorded 2 versions, or the beep out all the bad stuff? That would be a lot of beeping

Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
I just looked at the lyrics for that song and it's a very nasty song.
Me too, all I can say is "wow". Would never have let my kids listen to that stuff.

But, that's me. Each to his own.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
So they recorded 2 versions, or the beep out all the bad stuff? That would be a lot of beeping
There are 2 very different versions. Strangely, even in the "clean" version - they have bleeped out a few words; I guess to maintain some of the song.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Me too, all I can say is "wow". Would never have let my kids listen to that stuff.

But, that's me. Each to his own.
Again...

1) to each his own.

2) the "clean" version is almost a whole different song.

As I said - I find the explicit one unbearable. I wouldn't let my kid listen to it (heck, I wouldn't even link to it). But, listening to the "clean" version is acceptable to me.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #16
Graduate Member

I'm with ya ependydad. And I love that song!

Got me $20 to go spend at the thrift store!
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #17

lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Sorry, but I've got to ask why you are letting your 8 and 9 year old listen to songs like that. You do know the lyrics don't you?

Actually, I didn't 'let them' listen to this song. They actually overheard it at a friends' home, where I had no control over the situation. The kids asked me about it, and I did my best to explain that the original lyrics were not to my liking. Rather than trying to control everything that my kids see or hear, I try to teach them why its bad to use words like that.

My kids seem to get it, and they are the first to speak up when they hear anyone else swearing. They also speak out frequently against drinking, smoking, and junk food. All I can really hope to do is educate them and trust that they will apply good judgement when we are not around.

Cheers,

Dave
2 kids, one dog (a Golden)
Let's go camping!
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathletedave View Post

Actually, I didn't 'let them' listen to this song. They actually overheard it at a friends' home, where I had no control over the situation. The kids asked me about it, and I did my best to explain that the original lyrics were not to my liking. Rather than trying to control everything that my kids see or hear, I try to teach them why its bad to use words like that.

My kids seem to get it, and they are the first to speak up when they hear anyone else swearing. They also speak out frequently against drinking, smoking, and junk food. All I can really hope to do is educate them and trust that they will apply good judgement when we are not around.

Cheers,

Dave
Right on Dave!!

I try my best to police what my kids hear or listen to but there are a lot of situations out of our (the parents) control. School dances seem to be my worst enemy, go figure. I have however raised my kids to use their better judgment and for the most part it works. When their judgment fails I make sure I remind them of what's appropriate and explain the why's and why nots to best of my ability.
Me and my wife with 3 kids love camping!!
dmf564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
Just Love to Camp

Ependydad,

My kids listen to the local pop station also. They know the words t some songs that I am hearing for the first time and I listen to the station all the time!!! They are going to hear it sooner than later.

I would rather be in the know and help them understand when they ask questions just as the person that started this thread than them try to hide it. My kids are 9 and 6 and can also sing 1960, 1970, etc... word for word. Some of the lyrics are questionable also.

"I'm going to go pop some tabs...."

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote

« humor | Retired »