Old 05-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #41
Mod free 5er
To sum it up short and sweet, there are no bad kids, just stupid, ignorant, complacent parents.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #42
Originally Posted by notaz3 View Post
I'm afraid I would have to agree with you that a lot of modern parents were raised "entiteld" as so they think their kids should be too. It's a generation of losers raising a secound generation of losers; however, mot all parents take part in the "entitlement" belief.

I have an eight year old girl and a ten year old boy. No television at all in the house and if they are on a computer it is when they are doing school work. I grew up without TV or video games, they can too. If they "want" something beyond basic necessitys they have to earn it. My ten year old is responsible for mowing the lawn and he does it without being asked because he knows he will be paid (cash) for his work. Meanwhile my neighbor pays a gardener while is 26 year old son stays home all day playing video games.

I also try my best to teach them to respect other people and understand they are just a part of the world not the center of it.

That's the Love and Logic type of teaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

totalled 04-11-16 by storm(picking up new one 10-26-16)
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #43
Ok I will add here , our 2 boys now 21 & 25 both had video games but also were involved in scouting, oldest made Eagle. Now he lives in Taos NM and texted me today he is on his 69th day of skiing ( in Colorado now) also hikes and fish all the time. The 21 year old is at year number 4 of the same job and going to school full time spends more time outside fishing and riding his cycles both dirt & street and they both still want to camp with mom & dad....guess we did something right bringing them up. The only bad thing is they want to borrow the truck and camper if we are not using it and we all know THAT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:26 AM   #44
Posts: 653 many people complaining about kids and technology......while you type away on IPads, Lap tops, cell phones ......while recording a program on your RV satellites and adjusting your LEDs !
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #45
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
To sum it up short and sweet, there are no bad kids, just stupid, ignorant, complacent parents.

Have to disagree there. I grew up as one of six kids. All were taught the same values and brought up the same way. Four of six of us have done moderately well (2 teachers, 2 with professional jobs) while the other two think the world should have been handed to them. Parents did nothing different, nobody was spoiled (kind of hard to do with six kids) just a couple went sideways. Not always a reflection on parents.

2014 Surveyor SC321BHTS
2016 Ford F150 Eco
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote