Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #201
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Storage fees!
I think so. Lol

Actually someone from the rental company was just here taking pics. He said he was supposed to determine whose fault it was, and could easily determine that once he got out of the vehicle. He said she was telling them the tires were faulty, which he stated he just put new back tires on it two weeks ago.

Come to find out even though it has Lexus sounding license plates, the customer and car are local..... So this is all Louisiana.

They said they were sending a tow truck, which just arrived

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #202
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I think so. Lol

Actually someone from the rental company was just here taking pics. He said he was supposed to determine whose fault it was, and could easily determine that once he got out of the vehicle. He said she was telling them the tires were faulty, which he stated he just put new back tires on it two weeks ago.

Come to find out even though it has Lexus sounding license plates, the customer and car are local..... So this is all Louisiana.
Ah... ha! I was pretty sure none of us low-rung actors from Texus could afford (to rent) a Lexus - although it IS pretty little.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #203
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Ah... ha! I was pretty sure none of us low-rung actors from Texus could afford (to rent) a Lexus - although it IS pretty little.
The car is a Nissan.

So long, and good riddance. Just curious now how much this cost her.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180711_162819.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	179122

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:24 AM   #204
Moderator Emeritus

It probably cost her nothing. She likely disputed all charges and said her card was stolen.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:33 AM   #205

You keep calling this woman a Lady. You must be True Southern, son. Ain't as many of us left as used to be.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #206

I will bet you something nice that this Tex-Ass lady has 'lunch' with her buddies before long and tells this story. And I will bet double or nothing it comes out as she was 'put upon' and none of it was her fault at all.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #207

Quote:
We have a real doozy going on right now. We have an out-of-state woman in here right now (I won't say which state she is from but it rhymes with Lexus) in a rental car.

She has apparently hit something and destroyed both tires on the passenger side. She has then drove it to the point where she has most likely destroyed the TPMS sensors also..as well as missing a hubcap.

She has been on the phone with the car rental company for multiple and long times. She wanted us to tell the rental co. that the tires were wore out, which we refused to lie for her...since they aren't.

Finally the rental co. told her to purchase two tires from us and they would most likely reimburse her. Once we give her a price, she says she doesn't have $150 dollars. We tell her there's nothing else we can do then, and to get a tow truck. She drives off on the blowed out tires, which she drove in on too.

She comes back shortly and ask if we take credit cards which we tell her we do. So I am ringing her up and she makes the comment that if she has any trouble she is going dispute the credit card charge.

That's when I holler at my guy to not pull the vehicle in. I tell her that she won't be able to dispute a credit card charge with me since I am not going to take anything but cash now.

I think it hit her then, as to what she just said/did. She then starts trying to backtrack, but I sure won't. She also starts saying how honest and good a person she is (evidently just forgetting how she just tried to get us to lie for her about the tires).

So long story short, I'm in here typing this up... and she is sitting in her car in our parking lot, I assume back on the phone again with the rental company trying to get a tow truck.
Since she has been driving it, I would have checked the rims also, she probably damaged them also

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
It probably cost her nothing. She likely disputed all charges and said her card was stolen.
Just because you dispute the charges doesn't mean the card company will reverse the charges, these charges won't get reversed, now whether she pays her credit card company that may be another story.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:36 AM   #209
Site Team

Had another "reality impaired" person come in.

She had two used tires in the back of her pickup, that she wanted mounted on her truck......

.....but she wanted her ten year old tires she was putting on the truck to be guaranteed by us not to have problems.

By that I mean, she wanted us to absolutely guarantee her old used tires would make it to Georgia and back (We're in Louisiana).

We told her that we wouldn't guarantee anybody's tires and pointed out they were ten years old to begin with.

She then stated, she was not going to pay anyone to put them on until they would personally guarantee she wouldn't have problems, and if she did, they would pay to fix anything that went wrong.

We told her good luck, and we couldn't help her. She then said we were the third tire shop to tell her that, but she would find someone to do it.

She then left

Old 07-31-2018, 09:43 AM   #210
Misfit Adventures

Haha cant fix Stupid.
Misfit011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #211
Kasual Kamper

Quote:

.....but she wanted her ten year old tires she was putting on the truck to be guaranteed by us not to have problems.
Would you still have done it for her if she hadn't asked for a guarantee?

I once asked a garage to put 6-year-old used tires on my trailer and they wouldn't do it. I now know why, but was pissed at the time.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:32 AM   #212
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Question Big city will trickle down soon...

When I bought my new tires (Denver, CO) for the 5'ver back in March I was getting the wheel bearings repacked plus brakes and suspension checked and adjusted and had an appointment to take the 5'ver to a truck tire shop to get the new tires on the way home from the axle shop, but really just wanted it all done at the same time since the wheels were going to be off of the trailer.

I asked the axle shop if I could buy the tires from the other shop and bring them over for mounting and they said they will only mount tires that they sell.

I also had asked the tire shop the same thing and they would only mount tires they sold.

And when I offered to bring the wheels over to have them mounted while the trailer was in the shop, they said they wouldn't do that either.

Both said that this was due to litigation issues...

In other words, if there were some kind of warranty issue with the tires or the work performed then who would be responsible for this between the two shops.

In my case it wouldn't have mattered as I left the state for good a few days later...but I do understand what they were saying.

The axle shop sold the same tires at almost double the price, but I was able to get them down to $5 more per tire than the tire shop on price, so I bought them there and had everything done all at once!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post

Both said that this was due to litigation issues...
Sadly that's true. Every year Law Schools turn a new crop of young, hungry, attorneys loose on society and all too many of them go looking for ways to get someone into court so they can be viewed by their new employer as a "Rainmaker".

In the automotive world anyone who touches any part of a vehicle has a liability attached. If the tire failed the axle shop could find themselves in court along with the shop that sold the tires and vice versa. It's so bad that rarely will anyone want to "cross pollinate" like was described.

Good thing the axle shop came down and closely matched the tire price otherwise your best move would have been to just have them finish their work and then drive across town for the second phase.

I know it doesn't make sense but then many lawsuits filed don't make sense either. A classic example is the "McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit". You'd think that everyone knows coffee is hot and when you spill it in your lap it can burn. Enter the lawyer ---------

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:17 AM   #214
Site Team

This story is as much on us, as it is the customer. We had a customer with a Hummer H3 that needed her TPMS sensors replaced.

I explained to her that she was about to hear her horn chirping several times, as we relearned the new sensors to her vehicle (which is how many GM products work).

My guys never could get her vehicle into relearn mode, which is indicated by a double horn chirp. After consulting me, and my attempts to get it into relearn mode, I had the delayed epiphany to see if her horn even worked.

As you guessed already, it didn't.

When I came back to ask the customer about her horn, she then informed me that it didn't work and was disconnected. I was thinking (to myself of course) why didn't you tell me this when I said you were going to hear horn chirps?.... but that's on me as much as her since I should have checked the horn a lot sooner in the process than I did.

Any way, live and learn. Adding to SOP (standard operating procedures), check horn first.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #215
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
.....and now we know why sharks don't eat lawyers......professional courtesy.

It is ways too bad that we have become such a litigating society. What used to be common courtesy can get your wallet emptied!

Love Monday's at the tire shop!
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #216
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
A classic example is the "McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit". You'd think that everyone knows coffee is hot and when you spill it in your lap it can burn. Enter the lawyer ---------
If you ever get a chance, read the history of that whole lawsuit. It's pretty interesting and there's a lot more to it than the usual talking point of "lady spills hot coffee on herself."

She was only one of over 700 people that injured themselves and McDonald's eventually had to lower the temp at which they brewed coffee because of that case.

She also didn't get millions from the lawsuit. The amount was lowered a couple of times on appeals and she eventually settled on an undisclosed amount. (Likely just enough to cover her medical and court costs).
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:15 AM   #217

Ok so not tires, but stupid customers are stupid customers.

I just retired from the post office. One day a young lady comes in and wants to pick up her mail. I asked the address.

She said I live around the corner.

Ok, what’s the address.

I live right up there.

What street?

It’s those apartments.

Address?

She tells me the zip code.

No, that’s the zip code.

She tells me the zip code again.

Again I tell her I need the address.

She tells me “ You deliver there, you should know the address” and storms out.

Can’t make this stuff up.
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnman View Post

Ok so not tires, but stupid customers are stupid customers.

Can’t make this stuff up.
True story...

I used to sell photographic equipment for a living...

One day a lady walked in and said:

"All of my friends tell me my photos are so good that I should start shooting weddings, so I need a second camera body!"

I asked her what brand of camera does she have so that I could show her the current different camera bodies...

To which she replied:

"I need another one exactly like this!"

And she pulled out of her purse a 10 year old $100 (when new) 2-megapixel Kodak point and shoot digital camera...

It was all I could do to keep from

Old 10-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #219
Kasual Kamper

Another true story...

In another life I used to sell coupon advertising to retail merchants.

One day, I walked into a butcher shop and convinced the owner that a coupon offer would help draw customers into his store. He was all excited about it and especially the slogan that he thought up to make his place memorable. The slogan?
You can't beat our meat!

I had a difficult time persuading him that people would find that disgusting.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Another true story...

In another life I used to sell coupon advertising to retail merchants.

One day, I walked into a butcher shop and convinced the owner that a coupon offer would help draw customers into his store. He was all excited about it and especially the slogan that he thought up to make his place memorable. The slogan?
You can't beat our meat!

I had a difficult time persuading him that people would find that disgusting.
Or a turn off to buying his meat...

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »