Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Yeah....for 99 weeks
Unless there is a special dispensation for the area, unemployment is only good for 26 weeks. Getting hired in 26 weeks isn't quite as easy for senior professional jobs - it took me 8 months to get hired both times. I make sure we have some savings to carry us.

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #422

Yeah, there is a max you can collect overall.

From someone that had to file for the first time in my life recently that total for me works out to 26 weeks.

Not fun getting downsized and looking at just over 61 either.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Yeah, there is a max you can collect overall.

From someone that had to file for the first time in my life recently that total for me works out to 26 weeks.

Not fun getting downsized and looking at just over 61 either.
The way my wife saved our money it was like she thought I'd be unemployed the next day.

Came in handy when I did retire at 61. I was fortunate as I survived three downsizing and the sale of the company.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #424

This is my second in two years.

We worked long and hard to be at a spot where one of us could lose our job and be ok. All good actually.

Would have liked to get more put away for 401k etc but SS can kick in this Jan.

Wife keeps going back and forth since dinner is ready, house is clean, and camper is ready for our trip and all done while she is at work [emoji3]
Old 05-30-2019, 08:57 AM   #425
Site Team

Getting hammered today.

1. Man pulls up wanting a price on tires, which had to be mud grips. I went and looked at his tires, to get the size. He then informs me that he is not wanting that size and is going to change rims from a 16 inch diameter to either a 17 or 18 inch diameter. I ask him again then does he know what particular size he wants, and if he just wants something in overall diameter comparable to what he has on now. He didn't know, nor would answer if wanted something comparable. I kept telling him I needed some kind of size to be able to give an accurate price.

He tells me he would go somewhere else then...........like it's my fault he is clueless.

2. A woman pulls in with a flat tire on her drivers side rear. She had been driving on it flat for awhile. She had nine (yes, that is correct, 9 people in the vehicle, as we counted them). She just wanted us to air up the tire, which I refused, since it could blow up in my guys or my face, as it had been run on flat. I explained all of this to her, and she agreed to purchase a tire. I asked her and everyone to exit the vehicle so we could put it on the lift. I went to assist another customer who had pulled up. After I had talked to the other customer, I noticed they had not pulled her vehicle in yet.

When I went back over, she asked if they really did have to exit the vehicle, which I explained they did as we needed to put it on the car lift. She then told me she was going home to get another car, and wasn't going to worry about that one...and she drove off, on the flat tire.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
Unless there is a special dispensation for the area, unemployment is only good for 26 weeks. Getting hired in 26 weeks isn't quite as easy for senior professional jobs - it took me 8 months to get hired both times. I make sure we have some savings to carry us.

Fred W
I stand corrected
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #427
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
When I went back over, she asked if they really did have to exit the vehicle, which I explained they did as we needed to put it on the car lift.
Please tell me she explained why they wouldn't exit the vehicle... ???
Old 05-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #428

Quote:
Getting hammered today.

1. Man pulls up wanting a price on tires, which had to be mud grips. I went and looked at his tires, to get the size. He then informs me that he is not wanting that size and is going to change rims from a 16 inch diameter to either a 17 or 18 inch diameter. I ask him again then does he know what particular size he wants, and if he just wants something in overall diameter comparable to what he has on now. He didn't know, nor would answer if wanted something comparable. I kept telling him I needed some kind of size to be able to give an accurate price.

He tells me he would go somewhere else then...........like it's my fault he is clueless.

2. A woman pulls in with a flat tire on her drivers side rear. She had been driving on it flat for awhile. She had nine (yes, that is correct, 9 people in the vehicle, as we counted them). She just wanted us to air up the tire, which I refused, since it could blow up in my guys or my face, as it had been run on flat. I explained all of this to her, and she agreed to purchase a tire. I asked her and everyone to exit the vehicle so we could put it on the lift. I went to assist another customer who had pulled up. After I had talked to the other customer, I noticed they had not pulled her vehicle in yet.

When I went back over, she asked if they really did have to exit the vehicle, which I explained they did as we needed to put it on the car lift. She then told me she was going home to get another car, and wasn't going to worry about that one...and she drove off, on the flat tire.
It's got to be tough, but I would love your job, just for those situations. I'd have trouble not laughing at them.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #429
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Please tell me she explained why they wouldn't exit the vehicle... ???
Nope, she didn't.

My guess is it took long to load them all up. I already knew it was going to look like a circus clown car if they had gotten out. I am going to download this song to my phone in case this ever happens again so i can play it.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #430
Site Team

Well crud, now I went and jinxed myself. All of my circus talk has me singing one of my favorite Ray Stevens songs..."Hugo, the human cannonball".

I'll have that particular song stuck in my head all day now, as I associate it most times when I think of a circus.

Look it up on youtube if you've never have the pleasure of hearing it.

EDIT: This is the humor forum so I couldn't resist:

Old 05-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #431
Site Team

From casual inspection, did they appear to be fully clothed?

BTW, I’d like you to price some tires for me, too. I want black ones.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:11 AM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
It's got to be tough, but I would love your job, just for those situations. I'd have trouble not laughing at them.
I don't know you history, but it gets old.

My job now is easy as there is very little retail. I got a couple.

I work at an Industrial pipe, valves and fittings place(pulp-paper, general industrial/commercial and chemical piping... mostly.

Here are a couple of "funnies". When a customer comes in a lot of the time you need the application of the products.

1. One guy was working on a "chilled steam" line
2. Pressure washer adapter.... 100,000 PSI
3. S80... for some reason to plumbers...this means PVC (near everything we
sell comes in S80 and others)
4. this one is a bit more specific... I want a soc-o-let with threads in it!!
(soc-o-lets are socket weld...thread-o-lets are threaded)
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #433
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
From casual inspection, did they appear to be fully clothed?

BTW, I’d like you to price some tires for me, too. I want black ones.
Yes, from just looking into the car it seemed that were fully clothed. Didn't notice any handicap plates or stickers, but didn't look real hard. I usually do a cursory glance for such when a vehicle drives in.

Even in those cases, everyone but the handicap person will usually have no problem exiting.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #434

OMG, now it's gonna be stuck in our heads all day.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:30 AM   #435
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevillefish View Post
OMG, now it's gonna be stuck in our heads all day.
Why do you think I posted it?[emoji3]

Misery loves company.

"We want Hugo"

Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #436
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Did it look something like this???????

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #437
Site Team

Still shaking my head here.

We were repairing two tires on a trailer that we had pulled across the front of the bays. This older gentleman pulls up in a fairly new truck, but was driving on a flat rear passenger tire.

He asked me if we could patch it as he saw a screw in it. I told him I probably could, but that the tire was most likely ruined from him riding on it while flat. I showed him the sidewalls were spongy and informed him that when it got it's turn, and we pulled it off the rim..that most likely that tire was going to be shredded inside.

He then said that he went slow, so that wouldn't hurt it. I again had to explain that he ran it on flat and the sidewall rubs itself out from him doing such. He again stated he drove slow, so that couldn't happen. I told him we would get to it in about 15 minutes, and we would see.

As I walked back into the shop I heard him crank up his vehicle and drive off....on the flat tire.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:15 PM   #438

Quote:
Still shaking my head here.

We were repairing two tires on a trailer that we had pulled across the front of the bays. This older gentleman pulls up in a fairly new truck, but was driving on a flat rear passenger tire.

He asked me if we could patch it as he saw a screw in it. I told him I probably could, but that the tire was most likely ruined from him riding on it while flat. I showed him the sidewalls were spongy and informed him that when it got it's turn, and we pulled it off the rim..that most likely that tire was going to be shredded inside.

He then said that he went slow, so that wouldn't hurt it. I again had to explain that he ran it on flat and the sidewall rubs itself out from him doing such. He again stated he drove slow, so that couldn't happen. I told him we would get to it in about 15 minutes, and we would see.

As I walked back into the shop I heard him crank up his vehicle and drive off....on the flat tire.
"You can't fix stupid, but duct tape will help muffle it a little."
Old 05-31-2019, 12:30 PM   #439
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
"You can't fix stupid, but duct tape will help muffle it a little."
Hey, that's two quotes from you now that I'm going to steal.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:31 PM   #440

Quote:
Hey, that's two quotes from you now that I'm going to steal.
You're more than welcome to spread them around whenever needed.

Tags
tire

« Humor in pictures | - »