Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I hate to point fingers, but I think that the origins to the downfall of society in general can be traced back to the exact moment my ex was born.
Feeling a little bitter today?
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #102
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
I did hear a story once about a guy who took off the inspection plate and stuffed a bunch of bananas in the diff to stop the gear whine while he was selling the car. Working until the safety check, or so I was told.

Many, many years ago, as teenagers, we used this trick to quiet a noisy rear-end. Hell, we made a buck-fifty an hour at our after school jobs and couldn't afford to have them overhauled. We found out quickly that it worked great for about 100 miles or so, then the bananas would heat up. Eventually the mix will start blowing through the axle seals. The smell of hot bananas and gear oil is a smell that you will never forget!,... and it doesn't go away for long time. We all laughed then, and I can still laugh now.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #103
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Feeling a little bitter today?
No bitterness, just more easy joke fodder.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Who said "the customer is always right?"
Not me... I have been in customer service jobs since Jan/Feb 1980... NO the customer is not always right. By a long shot...they are truly getting less educated. Notice I didn't say more stupid.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #105

Two thoughts.

One, this is great......but it's for a couple hundred dollar customer. And it's one person. I was the sole customer service rep for one customer of our company.......but they were a six million dollar a month customer! If they called and said "I want a blue phone that hovers over the desk at one foot wirelessly, and I want it in 2 days", my job was to get it for them in 4 hours. I learned the meaning of the words "expedite" and "escalate" quickly.

Two, this is all an American issue apparently. When we got orders that required work in another country (and we got them all the time), ANY other country, they did not expedite, and they did not care if you escalated. They worked a few hours a day, got done what they could, and went home. Americans worked till the job was completed. So a customer that ordered something that terminated in SomewhereElse could holler all he wanted that it was taking too long to install. It just wasn't going to be hurried. Moral? All these customers we are laughing at, we created by giving them The Moon...for a dollar.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #106

Please tell me #1 was not your ex wife because I would love the jokes from that encounter.
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #107
Site Team

Got another holiday stressed person who isn't accepting reality. This lady came in awhile ago who has hit a curb with her "newish" tires, and now has a sidewall bubble on one. She said she took it back from where she bought it and they said they couldn't warranty it, since it was driver error, and not a defect.

She then asked if we would warranty the tires, she didn't buy from us. When we told her we couldn't do that (and we didn't even sell that brand), she exclaimed "how expensive these tires were she bought" and "she would find someone else to do business with". She then left in a huff.

If I follow her "logic" then maybe Thor will do warranty work on my Forest River.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #108
Site Team

Quote:

If I follow her "logic" then maybe Thor will do warranty work on my Forest River.
... even after you hit a boulder with it.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #109
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
... even after you hit a boulder with it.
Exactly!

This one below is still one of my all time favorites concerning people refusing to accept reality:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post570689

Old 12-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #110

Quote:
Got another holiday stressed person who isn't accepting reality. This lady came in awhile ago who has hit a curb with her "newish" tires, and now has a sidewall bubble on one. She said she took it back from where she bought it and they said they couldn't warranty it, since it was driver error, and not a defect.

She then asked if we would warranty the tires, she didn't buy from us. When we told her we couldn't do that (and we didn't even sell that brand), she exclaimed "how expensive these tires were she bought" and "she would find someone else to do business with". She then left in a huff.

None one wants to accept responsibility for their own actions.

It's as old as The Garden of Eden.

When God confronted Adam about eating the fruit, Adam's answer was "The WOMAN that YOU gave me caused it" He literally blamed EVERYONE ELSE.

Some stuff never changes............

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #111
Just as confused as you

I just read through the "Crazy Camping Lady" thread. The part I liked was written by Mtelkman "Deep thought of the day: Crazy people are crazy."

I wonder what led him to that crazy conclusion?
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #112
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
None one wants to accept responsibility for their own actions.

It's as old as The Garden of Eden.

When God confronted Adam about eating the fruit, Adam's answer was "The WOMAN that YOU gave me caused it" He literally blamed EVERYONE ELSE.

Some stuff never changes............
Hey at least this was the one and ONLY woman who knew what she wanted to eat!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #113

I wonder if some future Archaeologist will be able to sift through these old threads and figure out what kind of society we were. LOL...
Old 12-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #114
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
He literally blamed EVERYONE ELSE.
I love it. I will be using that one.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #115

I remembered that you liked the harmonica wire tied in the engine compartment prank so much that you showed it to everybody in your shop. Here is another wire tie prank. Remind me never to go anywhere near your shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZipTies.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	159410  
Old 01-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #116

Quote:
I remembered that you liked the harmonica wire tied in the engine compartment prank so much that you showed it to everybody in your shop. Here is another wire tie prank. Remind me never to go anywhere near your shop.
I did the harmonica trick to my brother. His old car was such a rattle trap it took him about 6wks to figure out there was a new noise.

This awsome and is next for him. I also put annyatrons in his house but it sounds like his toddler's toys so he ignored it for a month and the battery died.

I have a whistle for his exhaust I need to install as well. It's going to take some JB Weld to keep it there I think.

Please share other threads with good pranks.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #117

Talk about INSANE PRANKS.

Back in the 1950's, fireworks dealers sold a "Joke" car bomb. It had two wires that you attached to the primary terminals of the ignition coil. When the car was started, it would create a lot of smoke. No thought to the fact that cars of that era all had lots of grease on the engine from poor sealing of gaskets and open crankcase vent systems.

I used one once, then realized the fire hazard.

Some friends put Limberger cheese on the exhaust manifolds of the bus that brought a rival school's sports team to our HS. Next day at morning assembly our whole school was given a lecture on "Good Sportsmanship".

These days the DHS black helicopters would probably swoop in and grab everyone for a trip to Gitmo.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #118
Site Team

Quote:
I remembered that you liked the harmonica wire tied in the engine compartment prank....
I missed "the harmonica wire tied in the engine compartment prank" and I really NEED to know!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #119
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I missed "the harmonica wire tied in the engine compartment prank" and I really NEED to know!
Here you go.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1378666

Old 01-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #120
Site Team

Fridays at the propane refill

I changed the title of this post somewhat, but it still fits the topic.

Just went to get some propane cylinders refilled. They were busy this morning and there were four of us standing in line at the island where they refill the cylinders.

This guy pulls in and can't park in front of the island since there are too many trucks. So he pulls around the back of it and then comes up on the side, right behind the propane pump and where the man is refilling them, no more than six feet away. The employee stops what his is doing and tells this guy he has to turn his truck off as there is propane in the air.

The man rolls his window down and argues that his battery is dead and if he turns it off, it won't restart. The employee tells him he has to move at least 50 feet away, before be blows us all up. The dude mumbles a bunch of stuff, but we couldn't hear exactly what he was saying. He does pull off somewhat to park. The attendant goes back to refilling our cylinders.

This guy after moving his truck, then gets out to grab his cylinders and starts walking towards us all...... with

wait for it....

it's coming....

almost there....

a lit cigarette in his mouth.

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »